Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:31:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: texture a ceiling,is it possible?  (Read 3210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rorsdors

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:28:57 am »

Hi I’ve been trying to find out is it possible to texture a ceiling as you could in Al in Sims 2, the plain white mat look is pretty boring. Any help greatly appreciated.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:04:05 am »

Choose a floor tile. Place the cursor on a tile on the ceiling, press shift and click the mouse exactly like you do when you place tiles on the floor.
The ceiling will be covered with the tile you chose.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:51:21 am »

Sorry I'm still totally confused and don't know when it is TS2 or TS3. I enter on a thread and I cannot even find it again. I was talking about TS2, still didn't try to change anything in TS3 (or ceiling). Sorry again Grin
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:59 pm »

The ceiling option is quite similar to TS2. You can angle the camera upward to look at the bottom of the 2nd floor and put textures on the ceiling.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
rorsdors

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:12:46 am »

Hi Chaavik, first off thanks for all your mods Grin, second I just can’t get the ceiling option to happen as I did in Sims2. I click on the palate thingie but the ceiling wont light up as the walls, floor and other features do, don’t know if I’m doing it wrong or the option isn’t available.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »

Okay, I do plan to start up Sims 3 in a bit to look and see. I don't bother with ceilings in Sims 2, but you got me curious enough to see in Sims 3.

**EDITED**

No, there isn't a way to recolor the ceiling. Rather unfortunate not to be able to change the color or texture of the ceiling tiles. Maybe someone will come up with a way to do that later down the road.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:08:54 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
rorsdors

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:18:04 am »

And it thought I was getting as dumb as my Sims  Wink, thanks for replying. I guess it will come with an expansion pack.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 07:34:58 am »

Oh, probably not as an expansion pack. Someone will be more likely to come up with a mod to make that happen.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: