Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:29:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Information for Everyone With a Personal Thread- Update 4/21/10  (Read 4719 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:06:51 pm »

Hi everyone,

As you can see, we've been spending a bit of time cleaning up the entire Picture Section. Now, we know some of you like to have your own thread; however, this is under the assumption that it's because you have a lot of pictures to share and don't want to feel like you are 'spamming' the general threads with your own pictures. This is fine, so long as you intend to keep updating it. Seeing all the great pictures from your games is great, but having all these pages of personal threads filled with pictures takes up a lot of space on the server, so we would like you to do your best to keep it up to date.

To that end, anyone who has NOT updated their thread within the past six months will have one week from today to update with something new or it will be cut. Then, effective June 27/09 (one week from today), everyone with personal threads remaining must update at least once every six (6) weeks or face deletion of their threads.

Also, it would be appreciated if, when you add an update, you edit the title of your thread with the date of your last update so it can be seen at a glance (as some of you are already doing.)

Edit: Reminder! You must update your thread with a new picture once every six weeks or you will risk losing it. If something comes up and you need a week's leeway, then please PM one of the staff to let them know. We understand things happen. But we won't let it go indefinitely. If more than six weeks passes with no update and no staff PM, you'll lose the thread.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:54:12 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:07 pm »

OK, so as you can see, we've finished pruning this section. Any threads which have not been updated (with photos) in the past six months or more have been removed. Remember, you must update your personal thread with new images once every six weeks or risk its removal and there are a number of threads who haven't updated in over six weeks, so those ones are at risk. Also, please avoid turning your personal picture thread into a personal chatter thread. A little is ok, but when a thread goes for 5 pages or more of personal chit chat and no updates that's going overboard.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:23:08 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:02:16 pm »

I have an important update. We have decided, after discussion, to do the next thread culling in two weeks time (July 12/09). This should give everyone who hasn't updated in six weeks or more time to update their picture threads. Smiley Keep in mind, we'll be looking at threads with no updates in six weeks or more as of July 12.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:23:59 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:53:47 pm »

OK, so I know there are some of you who don't think our policy for having your own personal thread fair, but let me just point a few things out.

We love to see your pictures and love your enthusiasm to show off what you do with your game. The thing is, every new thread takes up a bit more space on the server. Pictures are also notorious space hogs. To that end, if you want your own thread, it's not unreasonable to expect that you can update with at least ONE picture every six weeks. It can be a Bodyshop picture, a CAS picture or an in game picture. It can even be a picture you've already posted but have done some massive edits on in Photoshop or whatever program you use to make it look better and/or different. As long as your updating with a sims picture, we're happy. 

If you're not going to update regularly, then that thread is just going to sit there taking up space that can be used. I don't know if any of you have noticed how much smoother things run here since we cleaned things out (between the picture threads and massive amount of attachments). I distinctly remember there being a ton of down time or downright sluggishness on the old site. Seriously, at one point in time we had six pages of personal picture threads and most of them had been sitting there, unused for anywhere between 1-3 years. Yikes. 

As was mentioned in the first post of this thread, if you open your own personal thread, it's under the assumption that you have a lot of pictures to share and don't want to feel like you're spamming the general pictures area. If you notice, we're not exactly strict with making sure people keep up with the six week updating rule. We understand, sometimes, games break or people get hit with a massive dose of 'life just plain sucks'. We will usually either pm you or post directly in your thread to ask for the status. If you need a few weeks or a month, OK, we can swing that, but to expect that we will indefinitely let you put your thread on hold isn't fair and, when you get things straightened out, you can always come back and post a new thread. We're fine with that.

If you don't like the time restrictions, there's always the General Pictures section. You can post to your heart's content with no expectations. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: