Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:51:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create-a-Sim  (Read 5461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
seriouslysam

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:29:13 pm »

Everytime that I go into the CAS mode, I can make a male sim just fine. Whenever I try to make a female sim, the game freezes and then a message comes up saying that my ati2dvag display driver stopped working and I have to restart my computer. It shuts down the sims completely and my desktop picture as well as everything else is distorted in color. Now, everything else in the game works fine. I can create male sims, play the game in the neighborhood view, and modify the neighborhood. I downloaded some stuff from the official Sims 3 website. I also downloaded one house from tsr.com.

The funny thing was, when I first got the game, it allowed me to make a female sim. Then, after my experimenting family was over with, I moved on to play the game for real. That's when it stopped letting me make my female sims in CAS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:24:24 pm by seriouslysam » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:25:37 am »

It seems to me like, you need to update your video card drivers and or sound card drivers. You could got to your graphics cards official site, and get the latest drivers. I know I had to update my drivers, and it seemed to significally improve the games performance, for a while, and then one day it just went back to its old tricks again without warning, so you might be wasting your time afterall. Headwall
seriouslysam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:54:52 pm »

SimGirl, I did update my video drive to Directx 9.0c which is what is recommended on the back of the Sims box. The sound drive recommended is what I have. Thank you for the suggestion though. It was greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping that it's just a problem with the game and EA will have a patch out soon to fix it.  Undecided
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 07:27:03 pm »

I don't know for sure, but I was having problems after downloading stuff from the exchange. My CAS worked fine then all of sudden kept crashing. I deleted my saved sims started over and it works fine now.

Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:12:54 pm »

Have you downloaded anything? If it's playing men fine, then it would seem to me that it's an issue with something specific to women (i.e. clothing, hair, a sim, etc) and not a computer issue. As far as I know, female sims don't bog the game down any more than male sims, so I would tend to think it has something to do with the content you're using.

Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49:11 pm »

The ati2dvag thing is very much a graphics card issue. Moreover, one that hasn't been addressed by either ATI or Microsoft (and thus, no cure for it -- believe me, I've looked). I know what you are seeing, I have had a very similar problem, but my card was old (3 years is old! Tongue).
I agree with Magicflute; you must have downloaded something female-related that in return causes your driver to kill itself. If not... what card do you have, and how old is it?

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
seriouslysam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »

Thank you for the responses! I truly appreciate it.

I have the ATI Radeon X300 drive which is good for the game as it says it's good enough on the back of the box. My computer is only a couple of years old. I only downloaded things from the official Sims 3 website since, as you know, we all got $10 free to download anything we like. I've uninstalled the itmes that I downloaded. I still get the message, but it doesn't happen as often as it did before. It seems that now I can make female sims except, if I'm in CAS too long, it will lock up and I get that message. I'm at a total loss at what to do.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:27:57 pm »

Wow I dont beleave i am the first one to notice. You said you updated your driver to Directx9.c well thats not the Video driver thats part of the platform. What you need to do is go Here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.21&lang=English and find the one for your X300
seriouslysam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 10:24:52 am »

Razamataz, thank you!! My game is working perfectly now since I did a few downloadings from the website you attached. If Directx9.c wasn't a driver I downloaded, I wonder what the heck it was. Thank you again. Smiley
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:36:04 pm »

DirectX enhances the game in different ways, mostly to make the game look and sound fantastic in a nutshell.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 11:58:39 pm »

the exact same thing is happening to me and i went to your link razamataz and, ok, this is a really dumb question but how do you know which one to download?

thannks in advance and sorry for such the dumb question Grin
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:56:41 pm by lexi9803 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 12:35:38 am »

Lexi, could you please make an effort to make your posts a bit more legible? English is my first language and I had some problems with that. Puncuation would be a great help, and I don't know if, when you typed "ur", you meant "your" or "you are". "Thanks" and not "thanx".  It's a nitpicky thing, I know, but a lot of our members speak English as a second language.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 01:14:36 pm »

sorry about the slang i edited it and i'll be sure to use regular words Grin
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 07:54:32 am »

First you must know what card you have. Then you can deside weather you want the monitoring software or just the cards driver.
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:40 am »

nevermind i figured it out but thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: