Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:48:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Won't Load  (Read 3971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

Alright, I am really sorry if I am asking too many questions/posting too many friends, I really don't mean to bother anyone so I just wanted to apologise for that in advance Smiley.

My game is having a few troubles, I click on the icon, everything is fine, the intro film loads and I can go to the Neighbourhood Chooser screen where I choose Belladonna Cove.

But, it won't seem to load after that - it stays on Belladonna cove for ages [the bars go across] and on two occasions has restarted my computer weirdly.

I don't get what's wrong, anyone mind helping me please? Smiley
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:44:49 am »

I don't get what's wrong either, but it would be a good idea to start by deleting accessory.cache and groups.cache files (My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2) and taking out your Download folder with CC and see if it works. More often than not it's CC or some corrupted lot that causes troubles.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:53:02 am »

Ahh okay, thanks Smiley I'll try deleting the .cache's and see if that works, if not, i'll check with CC Smiley

There's no harm in deleting the .cache's is there?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:15:15 am »

No, theres no harm in deleting any of the cache files, generated in your TS2 directory, and more often then not is the case when your game starts acting funny. Wink
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:42:10 am »

There's no harm in deleting the .cache's is there?
No. The game will generate them again next time you run it.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:52:08 am »

Trying deleting your cigen.package as well (it will be regenerated too)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 10:19:04 am »

Brilliant, thanks guys! Deleting the .cache's worked Smiley
miss nette

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 04:27:45 pm »

I hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread. I just wanted to thank those of you who came up with the answer on this one. I've been having the "game won't start up at all" problem for the past few months, and I've been backing up downloads and other CC files (neighborhoods, collections), then uninstalling M&G, reinstalling, and then starting up again. As you know, you have to start once to let it load, close it, put in CC, reload, click to accept CC, close, then reload again to load all CC. Then each CC thing takes a few seconds to load in the game. It took forever just to start playing. And I had to do that every. single. time. I wanted to play.

I came here looking for answers, and deleting the cache files worked beautifully. Thank you thank you!  Fanku
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »

This is along the same lines, I think....my game loads, but when I click on a house to play, it freezes. I have deleted the cache files, but no success. It only happens in one neighbourhood I play, the other one is fine.
I was playing, and the game froze, I restarted my computer, loaded up the game and now I can't get in to play. Anybody got any things for me to try? Short of deleting my neighbourhood and rebuilding it, I'm out of ideas.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 12:34:13 am »

Is this a house YOU made or one that you downloaded? I've had that same damn problem and it turned out that the house was made with something that fiercely disagreed with my set-up, like a constrain elevation cheat. My game hates those... I know that you have all of the packs, though, so it shouldn't be much of a problem for you. IF you can get the ruddy thing going, delete the house (if it's one that you downloaded) and see if that helps. Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas because it's late and my brain is trying to fall asleep while not letting my body know what it's up to. Tongue

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 05:39:02 am »

I have that problem-it's usually the house. In that case-if you can, go to the neighborhood screen and evict the family. Usually that will cure the problem, if you bulldoze the house.

Sometimes the house just doesn't agree with the game.

baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 10:49:06 am »

It's a house I built with NO cheats. It works fine in the other neighbourhood. I can't get anything in this neighbourhood to work though, so I can't even bulldoze this house. *sigh* I'm just gonna have to delete this neighbourhood and start all over I think, but thanks for the help.  :kiss:

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: