Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:01:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: This Completed Neighborhood?  (Read 5978 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:03:42 pm »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you could tell me what the name of that site is, that had the completed neighborhood, with sims, homes, and community lots? I tried looking for my thread I started a while ago, when I was looking for full neighborhoods, but it seems it has been deleted. I think the neighborhood was named Riverside or something? I know Nengi65 of simcrossing is a member there, and had something to do with the building of the hood. I thought I would go ahead and download it, since I'm starting all over again. I hope someone can help, thanks in advance. Wink
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »

It's here.

A bit hard to find, especially since there is now a Riverside download for TS3, which tends to overwhelm the Google results. I found it by using "sims riverside download" as the search term and it was the second result for me. But I've spent ages in the past looking for it. The search term I used is the result of attempting to find it several times in the past and that seems to be about the only combination of terms that works to find it quickly.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:45 pm »

Sounds like something to bookmark, that's for sure! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:39:54 pm »

Thank you so much engram! I would have never found it on google, simply because I was just making a shot in the dark about the name. I know I need to bookmark it Paden ha-ha. Cheesy Thanks again engram, you're the best! Grin
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:52 am »

I'm going after it tomorrow when the weather calms down enough not to bork my reception! Cheesy

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:34:28 am »

I'm at 40.1MB right now. I'm going to be setting here a while lol, I've been playing FFXII waiting for it to download. Paden, if you do decide to get the neighborhood, make sure you get Riverside version 2.0 because the hood has been updated recentley with the addition of four more lots and four more families. Cheesy Does anyone know anyone that's downloaded this hood, and knows if its worth the time downloading it? I know the pictures, look lovely but was just wondering if anyone has it in there game atm?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:30 am »

I have downloaded it and attempted to play it a while back. I actually found it quite frustrating.

All the houses are just shells, no interior walls,floors or furniture. In order to place the bin families you actually have to basically build and decorate houses for them. From memory, none of the hood's families are actually living in the hood but all of them are in the bin. Which means a whole lot of building and decorating before you can begin to play.

Also, one of the families in the bin comes with 10K simoleons. There is not a single lot in the entire hood that can accommodate this family. So you either have to cheat them money or build them a house from scratch because none of the house shells are cheap enough for them to buy and pretend like they have a house not just walls and a roof.

So after renovating one of the house shells to give it walls, floors and furniture and moving in one family I gave it up as a bad job because playing just one family out of the whole hood defeats the purpose of the hood. And I couldn't face having to hunt down the right size house shell to renovate for all the other families.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 06:34:40 am »

Oh! I wish I would have known that an hour ago.. Undecided ah well, I have it downloaded and am not about to let it go to waste (if I can help it) I am always up for the challenge, of decorating the homes, but jeeze couldn't the creator atleast 'build' the homes? ugh..I know I seen over 20 lots. This is going to be frustrating indeed. Thanks for the info, heres hoping that the version I have isn't like the one you got Engram. How long ago was it that you played this hood? Okay well I guess I'm going to go into the game, and see what a mess I have to clean up..      -steals Joy's coffee and wanders off- Wink
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 06:47:35 am »

I attempted to play the previous version as this was a few months back. I originally downloaded it over a year ago, then redownloaded at the beginning of this year. I'm not sure when they put up the new version but that is not what the page looked like when I went there last time.

Hopefully they built the sub-hoods (since it needs Uni, NL and OFB I'm guessing they added a campus, a Downtown and a Shopping District) with proper houses with rooms not just outside walls. It wouldn't bother me if I had to put walls and floors and furniture into a house. But at a minimum I like to see a house have designated rooms, not just be an outside shell.

I might give it a go again at some stage. I just have to go in there when I'm armed with patience so that house hunting and room building doesn't frustrate me again. It looks like a potentially fun hood to play.

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 08:22:36 am »

I would share my neighborhood with you guys, but it's 2gb large Sad

But good luck getting that one to work. Maybe I could upload some lots for you

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 01:30:40 pm »

*Dies* shocked Wow! Jasumi, your neighborhood is stunning, absolutely breath-taking! How long did it take you to create that beautiful hood? I would LOVE to have that hood, but jesus 2GB!? I'd be old and gray by the time it finished on my slooww connection that is dial-up..ugh GAH I haven't been able to test Riverside out yet, because after logging off this morning I got a really bad headache and decided to lay down, and I just now got up at 12:00 p.m. this morning, but I will let everyone know sometime today the status of the hood in question. Jasumi, how long do you think it would take you to build a hood for the members on here (my self as well Cheesy) that would like one, sort of like your hood but on a much smaller scale? I would love to have a neighborhood, sort of like TS3's Riverview with country lots, city lots, community lots, suburban type homes, parks, and the like to fill out my game. I just hate populating the hoods, I do manage to download, so I would def. appreciate the extra incentive of sims ready to move in as well ha-ha! well Jasumi what do you say, want to give it a go? -hint hint- Wink
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 02:32:52 pm »

OK, my download just finished, after taking forever, so am going to go put it in and see how I like it. I prefer to remake lots to what I want, so this could just be a fun thing for me to play. If not, well, I do know how to yank it back out and delete the sucker...

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 03:05:59 pm »

lol Paden
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 06:17:42 pm »

Well it's cause I have a ton of sub-neighborhoods. lol I think 2 Downtown and 4 Business ones so it's huge.

But I could try to make another one for you guys

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:32 pm »

That'd be awesome Jasumi! Cheesy I didn't know you could have more than one downtown? Blink I guess you learn something new everyday.. lol
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: