Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:16:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No exit action on enthusiasm gain + potty training enabled for nanny/butler  (Read 4906 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »

I cannot find a hack to address this so I am hoping that you can make this or that someone here knows of it's existence and can point me in the right direction.

In a nutshell: when sims interact with an object that increases enthusiasm in a hobby, they immediately drop the action when they gain hobby enthusiasm. This is most noticeable with objects that came with FT, as hobby enthusiasm gain seems to be allotted AFTER a sim finishes using pre-FT objects, such as the easel. This happens in a totally unmodded game.

Example: Chester Tester, his wife Lorraine and their 2 toddlers Toby and Laura live on a vacant lot. They have a football goal, a pottery wheel, an easel and all the toddler toys. Chester is directed to play football and exits out of the action as soon as he gains athletics enthusiasm. Laura is directed to paint and continues to do so through a couple of creativity skill points and only gains 2 points of arts and crafts enthusiasm when told to stop painting. She is then directed to create many plates on the pottery wheel but gains craft enthusiasm at the end of making the first plate and exits out before starting on the second plate. Not that she starts on the second plate - the action drops from her queue. The toddlers seem to only gain enthusiasm when told to stop playing with toys. However, I seem to have a mod in my Downloads that lets them gain enthusiasm before they are told to stop an activity, which leads to toddlers continuously stopping and starting drawing or playing with blocks on the FT toddler table, leading to toddler table musical chairs as they repeatedly stop and start drawings and playing with blocks.

It's driving me batty. Please make it STOP! LOL

Also, if this was supposed to be addressed with Pescado's ALfixes or FTfixes, I have both in my modded game and they do not make a difference. I have redownloaded those 2 mods several times, just in case I missed an update. It happens in a totally unmodded game, too, so it's not a mod/hack conflict causing this. Chester and Co were my test family in a totally unmodded game.

My one and only HCDU conflict:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Use
Group ID: 0x7F29E93A
Instance ID: 0x00001005
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks - AL\MATY\yellowpee.package
\downloads\Hacks - AL\MTS2\Richi3f-Deco-HobbyEnthusiasm.package

It's possibly Richi3f's mod causing the continual enthusiasm gain for the toddlers at the activity table so I will take it out to see if it stops the musical chairs, but it would be nice if my sims could use the basketball hoop, soccer goal, pottery wheel, etc, in peace, rather than exiting out as soon as they gain enthusiasm.

I have all EPs and SPs, up to and including AL + M&G. All my EPs and Celebration Stuff are patched. I would be quite happy to test a variety of objects in the game to let you know which ones are affected if this is not able to be fixed with a global mod.

ETA: Also, would it be possible to enable potty training for the nanny and/or butler? It's silly that they can both look after toddlers but will wait for a kid to soil themselves before doing anything about it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:47:49 pm by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:40:11 am »

I read that Richief's deco-enthusiasm mod does conflict with Pescado's yellowpee mod. It is one or the other as was mentioned in Richief's thread under Peasantry. I have Pescado's mod installed but not that particular Richief's mod.

I don't know if butlers/nannies can potty train the toddlers since it is a user-driven interaction to train the lil tykes on the potty. You would have a butler or a nanny selected temporarily to potty train them, but then that would screw them up as NPCs.

Maybe Squinge will share his feedback about the butler/nanny potty training.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 05:08:53 am »

That was probably me mentioning it in one of the Beta threads Smiley

The potty training mod is more of a "by the way if it can be done that would be nice". I have managed to potty train twin toddlers with twin infants in the house so I usually do OK in terms of kid skill management.

I took out Richi3f's deco hobby enthusiasm mod and the musical chairs with the toddler table is continuing. I am now suspecting that comm-lot-skilling gives it continuous hobby enthusiasm gain. Something has to be doing it because toddlers could use the table just fine in an unmodded game.

However, my original request still stands, my troubles with the toddler table notwithstanding. I find that the dropping of the FT object use from queue totally grates on my nerves. I hardly ever use those objects but when I do, it drives me batty. A few months back I played a dorm with a basketball hoop. I directed my sim to play basketball. Shoot one hoop, drop from queue. Direct to play basketball. Shoot one hoop, drop from queue. Ad neauseam. This happens with all FT hobby objects, including in an unmodded game. Which is why I never use them. Because it drives me nuts to have to keep directing them to use the object.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:07:41 pm »

Which comm skilling mod was it you used? I remembered discussing this in another thread about Squinge and Pescado's comm skilling mods. I haven't encountered any problem using the FT objects plus my own toddler table (I disabled the autonomy on it). The difference was that I was using Squinge's comm skilling mod that did not affect enthusiasm.

Do you have any mods that may or may not affect the FT objects themselves, playing (general - basketball) or skilling?

I guess Squinge can try this idea and see if he can get a nanny or butler to potty train the kid(s).

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:07:38 am »

I'm using Pescado's comm lot skilling. I might take it out because I don't find it really necessary and it might help to get the toddler table behaviour under control.

The exiting on enthusiasm gain with FT objects happens in a totally unmodded game for me. Perhaps that was addressed with the FTminifixes and it's the comm skilling re-breaking it for me in the modded game. I will take it out and report back later if that fixes it. You might remember that I had a problem with ALfixes in my game, too (caused errors on uncontrollable apartment dwellers returning home from work) so it just seems that I'm just having bad luck with some mods not working properly in my game when they work fine for others.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:41:03 pm »

I will check into this Engram after I am done with some RL stuff sorry for the delay Grin

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:41:26 pm »

No problem. The exiting skills on enthusiasm gain is the thing I really want, the nanny/butler potty training I can live without. The first is a bug (because not every player seems to experience it) and I would probably need to reinstall the whole kit and kaboodle to try to get a bug-free installation. But even that may not work. Take your time. I've lived with it this long, I can survive a little bit longer Smiley

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »

ok Grin btw check the beta section when you get a chance Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: