Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 06:29:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family relationships  (Read 2963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simsforever

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:25:12 am »

Somewhere down the line sims are not considered family even if they are related.  Great grandchildren, second cousins, great nieces and nephews etc. they may be related to a sim but they are not treated as such.  A great example would be in one of the families that I'm playing now, jack can have romantic relationships with his mothers sister's grandchild, his second cousin I believe it's called.  Another example would be in that same family the grandmother and grandfather can have romantic relationships with their great grandchildren.
  In the relationship panel it says that they are related, but somewhere down the line the game decides to not consider them family and don't treat them as such, just label them that way.  I was wondering if a mod could be created that would let you change all of that.  Maybe it would allow you to override this and label someone (the great grandchildren for example) as a closer relative.
  I have all the expansions and no stuff packs.  I also just want to take this opportunity to say that I am a big fan of this site, and I love the mods that are here.  Keep up the good work.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:18 pm »

There is a mod already doing that the way you describe how you want the relationships to be set. Check out Sim Blender at Simbology.

At least it can set the relationships however you want with your Sims and animals.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Simsforever

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:27:23 pm »

There is a mod already doing that the way you describe how you want the relationships to be set. Check out Sim Blender at Simbology.

At least it can set the relationships however you want with your Sims and animals.
This is fantastic!  Thank you so much Chaavik.  By any chance, could you (or someone else, feel free to join in) tell me some good computer specs. for the sims 2.  I'm getting a new computer, and I want to be able for it to load fast and have lots of sims on the community lots.  Right now it takes 5 min. (20 on vacations) to load a lot, and only 2 sims (excluding mine) show up.  I can't play without all the mods that I have from this site, so I need to be able to have a computer that will allow me to keep them.
  Does it have anything to do with processors, and/or Ram?  Once again thank you for the link to Simbology.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 05:01:59 pm »

No problem.  Grin

My current specs run Sims 2 flawlessly as well Sims 3:

AMD Athlon 64 @ 3800
2 GB of DDR2 memory
ATI Radeon 1300XT series
Nvidia-based nforce motherboard capable of being upgraded to 4 GB of memory and up to 4000 (CPU)
DVD player
500GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Pro with SP3

*My machine is a basic gaming machine to play games on and nothing else. And to surf the Internet too.

The minimum specs for Sims 2 are half of what I have currently in my machine. So if you were to get the latest machine capable of running higher than 3Ghz and have more than 2 GB with Vista or Windows 7, you're pretty much set for playing Sims 2 and/or Sims 3.

The next time, try to direct your computer-related questions in Sims 2 where you can get more feedback from various members with different machines playing Sims 2/3.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: