Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you load a backup town file from the saves folder  (Read 5084 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:31:22 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has asked this question but is it possible to make the game read the backup file??? I didn't know that when you overwrite a file a backup is created, so how do I get it to read?? thank you  huh huh huh huh huh edit; it doesn't even matter now cause the beautiful mansion that I built I re-built it better with some nice add-ons and a real nice but extremely tricky roof!!!! Also I tried something, I removed all the regular save files and left the backups and the game ''Did Not'' read them. So maybe they can't be read. oh well  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:44:51 pm by ''Blakk Velvett'' » Logged

I am ''The Velvett One''
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:44 pm »

I'm curious too. I had an error calld 13 (??) while saving the game. I basically lost two children and the entire day of playing...

I used to be Nyxie
JennellH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:27:01 am »

I have a family called Boston in my game. The file that the game uses is called SunsetValleyJackBoston.sims 3 The back up file is called SunsetValleyJackBoston.sims3.backup. All you do to make the game use the back up file is delete the first file and then rename the back up file. You just delete the word backup off the end of the file name. Then the game will use the back up file. I know this works because I have done it.
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:12 pm »

I have a family called Boston in my game. The file that the game uses is called SunsetValleyJackBoston.sims 3 The back up file is called SunsetValleyJackBoston.sims3.backup. All you do to make the game use the back up file is delete the first file and then rename the back up file. You just delete the word backup off the end of the file name. Then the game will use the back up file. I know this works because I have done it.
Thank you very, very much!!!! Just in time too Grin ''EDIT'' how do you edit the file cause it won't let me rename it or delete the word backup??? how do you open the file to change it???
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:51:01 pm by ''Blakk Velvett'' » Logged

I am ''The Velvett One''
JennellH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:24:27 am »

What System do you have? Windows or Mac? With Windows you just right click on the file and you get a menu come up. Scroll down to rename near the bottom of the menu and click on it. Delete the original file first.
I have done this more than once and it worked perfectly.
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:13:08 pm »

I know how to rename files but it will still have ''backup'' as a file name! I tried to change the type of file in properties but I can't!!!!!

I am ''The Velvett One''
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 07:39:55 pm »

Just delete the word .backup while the game is not playing!

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 08:19:17 pm »

Just delete the word .backup while the game is not playing!
Tried it, won't let me:( I have Windows Vista.

I am ''The Velvett One''
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 08:36:50 pm »

You have to delete the original file first then rename the backup file to what the original file was called.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 09:00:11 pm »

OK, I'll try it again and see what's up.    (edit; well I did everything that all you guys told me to do. This is the issue, the word ''backup'' isn't at the end of the file name; it IS the the file type and this can't be changed for some reason. that's what i've been trying to say, my backup file and game fies have the exact same names but the type of files is different, one says SIMS3 file the other says Backup file, does anybody know how to change the file types?Huh?Huh?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:19:05 pm by ''Blakk Velvett'' » Logged

I am ''The Velvett One''
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:46:17 am »

The backup files usually have a .bak extension to the end of the filename. To change the file types? Right-click the file you want to edit and select Rename. Then change the name and extension to what you want. For example, if you have a file you want to save as a backup file,  you would right-click the file and select Rename. Then you would type FileA.bak.

BUT it is not really necessary to change the extenions of the files to a different filetype if you want to back up your files. Just change the name of the file to something you can remember easily.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:10 pm »

So I don't have to change the file type? But my game still won't read the file even after I try to rename it!!!! And I had to delete the origina file anyway cause while I was saving the game it crashed and then stopped responding so that file became corrupt ;( so what do I do now!!? I'm so cross Idon't even wanna play sims3 anymore!!!!!

I am ''The Velvett One''
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 03:56:08 am »

I hate to say this, but just start a new game, when your game loads to menu just select the +sign on the right to start a new game(if you don't know about it)...LOL.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: