Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:37:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exporting Sims  (Read 3299 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:12:10 pm »

Hey Smiley
I've created a Sim in game using CAS [I have all EPs, no SPs] and following this fantastic tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=94489 I have extracted it & packaged it - everything is fine.

But I was told there was a way to check what files are included with your Sim, so I know who to credit for meshes, clothes, recolours, hair, eyeshadow etc. I think I remember Clean Installer or something being mentioned but i'm not too sure.

Anyway, so yeah, I would really like to find out what comes with it - and will the meshes be included within the Sim or would I have to get people to download them seperate?

Sorry, i'm so new to this but I really wanted to give something back to the Sims community for helping me so much and thought i'd start where I thought it was easiest Cheesy
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:32 pm »

yeah clean installer is the program you want get it here http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »

How do I use it for this purpose though? Embarrassed
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 04:29:34 pm »

You just open the packaged sim with clean installer and it will list everything the sim is packaged with. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:50:00 pm »

Sorry, i'm such a newbie, but how do you open it with clean installer? I know where the file is, just not how to open it...
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:46 am »

there should be a blue bubble with 2 white papers sticking out of the icon next to the sims file name, you just right click on the file and click open with.. and choose TheSims2 Clean Pack Installer and when your TS2CP window pops up, there should be a boxes with check marks beside content, that will say what content is on the sim, and who it is it by. You would just type like for an example like hair by- Peggy  makeup by-Bruno etc etc. and if you have something on the sim that you would not wish to included, make sure you uncheck the box beside the said content, and it will not be uploaded with the sim. Hope this helps, its really early in the morning, and I am not very coherent this early. rolleyes
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:47 am »

Ahh okay, but either i'm still doing something wrong [I couldn't see a blue bubble/two white papers] or my sim isn't packaged with anything because this is all I see:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2igca42.jpg

Tsch, everything is so complicated with me x]
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 02:28:54 pm »

Ok it would seem to me that the sim has no CC included with her, if that's all that's showing up. huh The blue bubble is right at the top of the window of your screenshot, if you would notice. (right next to The Sims2 Pack Clean Installer 1.5 1.4.)
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »

Yeah, I don't think she has any CC with her because I just did the same thing with a lot and it showed up the CC with it.

Why would it say she didn't come with CC? The clothes, hair etc. were all CC so i'm quite confused now!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

Did you download her somewhere? if so then, perhaps the creator didn't wish for her CC to be included, because of meshes or something, but if you made her and put her together yourself, then that is a totally different story. tongue
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 08:51:06 pm »

Yeah, I made her myself, so it is a tad confusing, ahh well, back to the drawing board! Thank you Smiley
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:53 pm »

you may have to clone her in simpe and then repack her with bodyshop to get it to read what all she comes with?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: