Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:40:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Game Crashes Computer  (Read 1622 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:47:02 am »

*cries* I thought i'd solved all my problems Sad

When I save the game, it starts saving as it usually would, but then everything goes black - like it does when the computer is off, and I have to restart as nothing else can be done.

So, basically, saving my Sims game crashes my computer - what the hell could be doing this? I took out all the hacks/mods/careers i'd downloaded in the last day [except for the bigger families one because there may be a problem if I take that out]. Although I get the feeling this may not be to do with downloads...

I'm so sorry about needing help again, I really don't mean to bother you all so much but I really appreciate the help Smiley
Jenn024
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:04:27 am »

I think that might be a graphics problem. That happen to me before I updated the latest drivers for my graphics card. And I haven't seen that happen since. Try updating the latest drivers to see if that helps. Smiley
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:10:17 am »

It's not my computer, it's my fiance's, but how do I update the drivers?

And it was fine a couple of days ago, so I wonder why it would suddenly be a problem now...
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 09:23:03 am »

You might not want to face this fact but, I believe it could be some corrupt CC, or it could very well be the family you spoke of. You should make sure that you don't have any hacks/mods lurking about, that you didn't take out, that could easily be included in downloaded lots, or CC. I would make sure I didn't have any CC that is compatible with other game EP's that you might not have. Hope you get it working soon, and if all else fails, it would be a good idea to upgrade your drivers. You can see how outdated or up to date your video cards and sound cards are by checking you DXDIAG report on your system, to do this click on your start menu and click run, then DXDIAG and then click on display and look under Drivers on the right-hand side. You'll see something called main driver and then version and a date of your last driver update, mine is 4/30/2009. More than likely if your version date is outdated by more than a year or so, its time to update, well let me know what your DXDIAG report says, and I can explain to you how to update your drivers. Wink Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: