Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:39:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!!! NPCs Not Displaying Correctly  (Read 1788 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2009, 05:30:36 pm »

HELP!   My game has worked correctly forever!  I've searched all over and can't find anything to fix this!  

All of my NPCs aren't displaying correctly.   Their clothes have gone funky and their hair is white with numbers and symbols all over it! It's just weird! I've changed nothing in the game.

*attached image removed* 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:42:53 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »

Try to move out your DL folder, and see if they turn back to normal. If they do, you've got a hack, a default replacement or something else messing everything up.

I can clearly see you've got at least one default replacement in your game, since those are probably Bloom's feet defaults. Where there's one, there might be more Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:55 pm »

You may have corrupted or otherwise incompatible custom content. If you can determine the items, temporarily take out anything you put into your game since the last time things appeared noirmally.

Or you may have a corrupted or otherwise incomplete default replacement skin. Try temporarily taking default skins (if you have any instlled) out of your game.

Or you may have more than one default replacement skin of the same type in the game. Only one default replacement of the same type can be used in-game at any one time.

Or you may have a corrupted objects.package file. See here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Corrupted_Objects.package

Note: Make a back-up of your entire My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder before following any of the steps outlined at the link.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:24 pm »

Strange, I always thought the newspaper print in the game was the result of a poor graphics or video card?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »

Scrabbydoo98, please use photobucket, imageshack or whichever third party image hosting service you prefer to post pictures here. Don't host them on our servers, please.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: