Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:45:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF this thing?!  (Read 3244 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lvrogue13

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »

So awhile back, I went on a hack-downloading rampage. They're all good, except for one.
This hack altered the amount of pay my Sims received daily from their jobs. It was supposed to be a "more realistic" scale of pay.
Problem is, I don't know any ambulance drivers that make $1800 a day!!
Anyway, I want to delete the thing, but I can't find it in my folder, nor can I remember which site I downloaded it from.
Has anyone heard/seen/used this?!

Thanks!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:21:48 pm »

Don't tell me, you don't do subfolders? From the sound of it, that's what is going on. If you have Clean Installer, hacks will show up in red and give you the option to put it into a new folder. Pink means that you have duplicate file. If you don't have Clean Installer, hop your butt over to MTS and get it, it saves a buttload of problems.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 08:36:49 pm »

If you run Clean Installer and let it scan your Downloads folders fully (which takes a while to complete), hacks will be highlighted in red.

You most likely can find the one you want to take out from the name of it, and choose to either Move it out of Downloads or Remove it totally from your computer by right-clicking on it (the Remove action is permanent and cannot be undone).

If you don't have Clean Installer, get the latest version here:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

lvrogue13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:04:34 pm »

Thanks. I'm well aware of Clean Installer and used it several times to try and find the package I'm looking for. I would not have asked if I had been successful.
This package does not use a recognizable name, such as PayHack.package
Instead, it uses a random, coded name. This is why I'm having trouble locating it.
If I can find out where to download it, I'll then be able to see exactly what the package is named.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 11:18:52 pm »

Well, since you hadn't mentioned you tried clean installer in your original post, rwills couldn't possibly know you had tried it, right? A lot of people aren't aware of Clean Installer or would even think of using it to find a particular troublesome download. If you don't mention it in your first post, then we're not going to assume you've done it. Keep that in mind and please try to be a bit more gracious to people trying to help Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:14 am »

Closest match by name which a quick search finds is this:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=304457

Doesn't sound the same as what you are experiencing, but maybe?

As for CI, testing the game without items listed as hexadecimal strings and also highlighted in red, followed by testing without those items listed as hexadecimal strings and having no accompanying Type listed would be my next choice. But that's just me; your mileage may vary.
lvrogue13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »

Thanks for your time rwills
Thanks for the, let me guess, sarcasm Paden
Thanks for the input C.Joy

Case closed due to irrelevence.
ucfguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 10:39:55 am »

i know you said case closed but just another helpful tool i'd recommend

Delphy's Download Organiser on MTS

what it does is list all your items by their file name, and in game name

very helpful
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:18:31 am »

Or else just manually go through your downloads and sort them into subfolders. I had to do it. It's a long process but it really helps figure out where everything is. I ran across several hacks I no longer wanted this way, and got rid of the rest with the Hack Conflicting tool.
(By the way, it is really not smart to get snippy with Paden, or any of the other moderators)

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 01:04:48 pm »

No, it's not case closed. I know many people that don't use the subfoldering method and they get into just the kind of mess you're in and then scream about it. If you had tried CI, then you would have known to take out the items highlighted in red and added them back to your game one by one. That is known as the smart method of dealing with it. You also would have a test folder for when you are putting new downloads in, because then it would be much easier to find out what was borking your game or causing an unwanted effect. What gives me the right to speak like I am to you? Because I went through pretty much the same damn thing you are and learned the hard way, but at least I didn't bite the damn hand that was trying to help me out, you ungrateful little snot.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: