Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:15:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asperations not working  (Read 2647 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:38:52 pm »

everytime  i load my game the asperations dont show up and sims cant interact with eachother but can with everything else  even without downlodes

any suggestions any help would do i havent been able to play in weeks

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:18:22 am »

First of all, you should logically do some of the steps as described below:

- Run HCDU for mod conflicts.

You can get the program from Simwardrobe by clicking on Sims 2 in the left sidebar and then choosing Programs. Scroll down until you see HCDU. Read the install instructions and then run the program to check for any mod conflicts.

- You can also use Clean Installer to look for duplicate files and remove them. You can pick up Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer.

- If all else fails, then do the 50/50 dance with your Downloads folder by taking half out and starting up the game. If the game starts up fine with no issues, then something in that half was causing problems.

K.I.S.S. is a simple motto to keep things simple. You could also have mods that modify the same thing. It's a matter of choosing one mod over the other. If you have any aspiration mod, take them out and see if they're causing the problems.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 12:03:46 pm »

ty ill try that but i even uninstalled all my games and loaded them without downlodes and it does same thing

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 06:47:31 pm »

ty ill try that but i even uninstalled all my games and loaded them without downlodes and it does same thing

Make sure all EPs and SPs are patched. Reinstalling the EPs/SPs does not reinstall patches.

Find the proper patches here: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:51:20 pm »

ok i tryed that didnt work  Sad

idk what to do

my sims wont interact with eachother either and there is no downlodes in the game
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:05:54 pm by lonleyma1000 » Logged

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:09 pm »

Several questions:

1) When you say your Sims don't interact, is this happening with just one family? Just one 'hood? The entire game and all Sims in all 'hoods?

If it is just one family, have you tried moving them out of their house, then Quiting and re-launching the game and subsequently moving hat fanmily from the Sim Bin into a different lot?

2) Do you have (or did you have) any custom careers in your game?

If yes, did you have any Sims who had jobs in custom careers quit their job before you removed custom careers from Downloads? Not doing that could very conceivably cause a problem such as you describe.

3) When you say "without downloads" do you mean you physically moved the entire Downloads folder out of the game? Or just moved the contents of the Downloads folder?

4) Have you at any time attempted to move Sims from one neighborhood to another (for example, from Veronaville to Strangetown)?

5) Have you ever at any time attempted to move an occupied lot to the Lot Bin?

Meantime, a further suggestion would be to generate clean folders, as follows:

Move the entire Downloads folder (not just the contents of the folder) to your desktop. Do the same with the entire Saved Sims folder.

Once those folders are no longer in My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2, then run Bodyshop. Just let Bodyshop finish launching and open up, then close it.

You will now have freshly generated, empty Downloads and Saved Sims folders in My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2.

Launch the game. Once the game is done launching, immediately Quit the game without Saving.

After that, copy just the contents of the Downloads folder on your destop (not the folder itself) and paste those contents into the new, fresh Downloads folder.

Repeat that process (with just the respective contents) for the Saved Sims folder.

lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:22 am »

all families in all neiborhoods are doing it

ill tell them to kiss and they will go to do it but just glitch like they were never trying too the can interact with furniture and objects but not eachother

no custom careers at all in my game

i moved the whole folder out and reinstalled the game did not help at all

i havent attepted o move my family to a diffrent town i stick with one town for all sims

i hope the awnsers help

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: