Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 01:03:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 game crashing randomly? ( and disappearing in the shower ! )  (Read 20753 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:17 pm »

If its the former, then you most defiantley have a skintone that is not showerproof friendly or doesn't have a required mesh to make it showerproof friendly. I remember one time I made a sim with the FitChick bodyshape, and somehow didn't get the shape but only the skintone, and my sim would be nothing but a head in the tanning bed, or shower lol..I was pretty mad. I also REALLY screwed my game up one time, to this day I'm still not sure how I did it, but anywho I did something in one of my households, and the conflict made my sims shower with there clothes on, and run around naked! shocked also there whole bodies were black, like shadows very freaky lol. I got rid of the problem by completley deleting the lot and family from my game.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 06:15:09 am »

i don't think it's the skintone. my sims aren't just floating heads. they'd disappear COMPLETELY, head, body, and all. i think they'd disappear from the shower. if i'm playing a single sim [like don lothario] and made him take a shower live mode would become disabled because the sim is gone. i'm using default replacement skintones, but i've used them before and had no problems. i don't think they're the cause of anything. they're just some louis/simcribbling skins.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:01 am »

Maybe, you should take out the default replacements then. I didn't think of it before, but I just realized that the skintones may have been the issue with my game, and perhaps yours? I would suggest atleast checking if the defaults may have  been updated or are corrupt. You never know and its worth a shot? Does your game act like that, with your downloads folder taken out, if so then you can safely say its something in your downloads folder, and I am betting its a skintone problem, if the problem only persists when your sims are in the shower? Undecided
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26:12 am »

with my downloads folder out my sims do not disappear. i'll remove the skintones and see if it really is them. i would never guess that it would be my default skintones, but i'll check it. thanks.

edit: the skintones aren't the problem. i removed them and the shower thing was still happening. i'm going to test more.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:38:50 am by JacobM » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 09:59:53 am »

Out of curiosity, is this a Custom Content shower or a Maxis one?

You might want to try and sell the shower and buy a new one.

See if that works.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 10:14:59 am »

the shower is the cheap maxis shower. i'll try selling it but i doubt anything will change.

edit: i sold the shower, and when i went to go buy it again there was this star over it

but the same problem happened when i bought a different shower, too.

as for shower hacks/mods, i tried installing this
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=277398
but my sims started disappearing so i deleted it. i didn't install into my downloads folder. i installed it into the correct place. those files are no where to be found as far as i can see, now though. but do you think it could somehow have anything to do with it?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:33:43 am by JacobM » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 11:09:19 am »

It does say this: This mod will conflict with any other similar mods that raise hygiene/comfort ratings for Maxis showers and tubs.

You might want to double check and see if you have any other mods in your folder. Because there is something in your downloads folder causing this.

The Sims 3.........NO!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:26 am »

i've searched my downloads folder. i don't have anything that would conflict with that. plus, i don't even have it anymore. i said i deleted it.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:22 pm »

To be honest, I'm stumped.

And, I bet it's something really, really simple.

The Sims 3.........NO!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 05:27:42 pm »

ugh, me too.  i'm sure i'll feel stupid as soon as i find out what it is.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »

Perhaps two sets of default replacements?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 08:42:47 pm »

That is a non-starter for me-I don't have any default replacements for the cheap shower, or any hacks for making it better.
It might be something more subtle-but for the mean time, I'm just skipping the cheap shower and putting in another style. That does work, and it stops the disappearing act.

But looking through my texture logs, this message pops up:
 "WARNING,TextureManager,Cannot load texture 'waterStream' "

That message comes from not only the Texture Log, but also the Production Messages Log in my game.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 11:20:41 pm »

Sorry, I meant two sets of default replacement skins.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 06:11:14 am »

when i look at the texture errors, all that comes up is an absolutely blank notepad.
i hate how this is just like a huge mystery. i just wish i could find what was causing the problem. i can't play the sims 2 properly.
and i double, and even triple checked to make sure i did not have two sets of default replacement skins. i remember skins i've downloaded before and so i'm always absolutely sure i don't have two at the same time.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 11:47:22 am »

I, too, checked my skins-I do not have any default replacements, but I do have ChristianLov's Skintone Replacement picture loaded with Stefan's and other skins.

I checked the skins on it, and they're working. I thought at first it could be related because the skins change during the shower back to Maxis basic. Updated the skins in it, and they stay changed, but the shower still screws up.

Jacob, you don't have that (ChristianLov's replacement picture) in your game, do you?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: