Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 03:10:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 game crashing randomly? ( and disappearing in the shower ! )  (Read 20701 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2009, 02:07:23 am »

i've had two things happening to my game, both are really weird and i have no explanation for it.
first of all, when i was playing my game in don lothario's house, everytime he got in the shower he would disappear completely and live mode would be disabled. i tested it on another house and nothing was wrong with the showers. so i made don marry cassandra and i haven't had problems with the showers at her house.
the shower thing is weird, but i guess it's insignificant if it's not happening anymore. i'm adding this though because i was thinking maybe this could be part of the issue i'm having now, and maybe there's more to it.
i have no idea though.

second, i get random crashing in the game.
this has happened quite a few times so far, and i know it's probably not going to stop until i figure out the problem.
i've deleted my catche files, that doesn't seem to be the problem.
the game is crashing while it's loading lots, and i had one crash when i just arrived at a lot. there's no in-game crashing, as of yet. just loading screen crashing. and it doesn't happen all the time. it happens often, but not EVERY time, so it's random.
i'm about to remove my downloads and see if the crashing persists.

meanwhile, can anybody help me? what could possibly be the cause of the crashing?
i can't do a full reinstall of the game, btw.
i hope somebody can help. thanks if you can.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:44:31 am by JacobM » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:12 am »

If you downloaded a house and the game crashes while loading it, it usually means the house was built with an EP you do not have.

Try loading a different house and see what happens.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:07:34 am »

The crashing while loading lots - are they lots with sims living in them or are they empty? Sounds like at least some of them are community lots since your sim was arriving when the game crashed. Are the crashing lots ones you have downloaded? If you downloaded them, do you have all the EPs necessary to run the lots?

If you use Clean Installer to import lots into your game, it will let you install them even when you don't have the expansions necessary to run them. Since I don't have a direct line to your computer I have no idea if you have any or all EPs installed, but if you do not and the custom lot requires an expansion you do not have, that would explain the crashing. It doesn't matter if a house was built using only base game content - if it was built in a game with all or some EPs installed, it will require all of those EPs.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:05:15 am »

actually, i do have all ep's. the lot could be any lot, there are just random crashes. i do have clean installer. but the lots don't crash the first time i load them up. i can load them up just fine sometimes, but other times it will just crash. the sim arriving crash only happened once so far. the other times it crashes it's when i'm loading a family, or just a community lot [to build, etc].

i've removed my downloads folder and play tested the game, and i didn't have any crashes.
i had a lot of hack conflicts though. could the conflicts cause the game to crash? the hack conflict detector found atleast 60 conflicts. i deleted the conflicting files, besides the 'inteenimator conflicting with it's own flavor pack' files.
and i'm hoping i'll have no more crashing.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 04:29:16 am »

Hack conflicts can be a big problem and they do make the game crash.

You might want to make sure they're all updated in case you didn't.

The Sims 3.........NO!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:30:47 am »

Yes-the hack conflicts can cause the game to crash-and 60 is far too many. It depends on how severe the conflict; the minor ones like the flavor paks interfering with the main Inteen won't cause a crash, but two versions of the same mod will, such as the PermaFridge, for example.
I've run the game with conflicts but they're so minor that they usually do not cause a crash. The Inteen one is a minor problem, and one that is addressed in the "Read-Me" file in the mod. I'd suggest you read it to make sure it is not interfering with other major mods to be sure. That file lists all the major conflicts it has with other hacks.
All you can do is take out all your mods and play without them, then put them back in one at a time. That way it should eliminate the worst of the conflicts.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:35:59 am by MaryH » Logged

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:01:46 am »

okay, i'm starting to have the same problem with the shower. when my sim got in, they disappeared completely.
that's the problem i've had since i removed the possible conflicts. according to the hack detector i have '26 conflicts' but they are all the inteen conflicting with itself.
i don't know what to do for the shower problem. besides removing the downloads again and seeing if the shower still messes up.
i think i'll try that. i'll report back later.

edit: okay, there's definitely something up with my downloads.
does anybody know which hack could possibly cause sims to disappear in the shower???
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:20:43 am by JacobM » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 05:47:05 pm »

I had the same thing happen just recently-I don't know what's causing it either-but it hasn't happened recently.
Weird, because my hacks have not changed since I reinstalled the game. Hope you find out what is causing this one.

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 02:56:25 am »

yeah. another weird thing is my game is still crashing without any conflicts in my downloads folder. i can't imagine why. i'm going to take another look at my hacks again. i'll update you on anything i find.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 03:02:40 am »

Mines randomly crashing as well?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 03:14:30 am »

You said your game works fine if you take your downloads folder out. So, that would suggest you have something inside your downloads that's causing the crash. Something may have become corrupted.

What I do is, use Delphy's Download Organizer. Run a scan in your downloads folder then, check under Object Plumbing and see what shows up. You may find something.

The Sims 3.........NO!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 05:54:33 am »

omg! thank you for recommending delphys download organizer. i used it and found out i had about 3 or 4 SIMS 3 HACKS installed in my sims 2 folder! i'd crash if i were my game, too. jeez.
i deleted those files. thanks, all of you helped in a way. i appreciate it.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:33 am »

Glad you found your problem!

The Sims 3.........NO!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43:20 am »

gah. or so i thought i did. my sims are still disappearing in the shower. i have no more hack conflicts. i'm sure it's just one file i need to look for. but i have absolutely no idea which file, or which 2 or 3 files would cause my sim to disappear completely in the shower.
 Sad this is starting to piss me off. i even had a mental relapse and started playing the sims 3. atleast sims in there don't disappear. thank you for your help anyways, though.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 10:52:29 am »

Are they floating heads or does the whole body disappear?

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: