Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:46:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 game crashing randomly? ( and disappearing in the shower ! )  (Read 20377 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 04:11:59 pm »

unfortunately, that can't be the problem either because i don't have that in my downloads. i checked to be sure. Sad
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 12:28:17 pm »

Just a ray of hope here: I recently re-installed all my game, and I thought I had patched the EP's I had-Uni, and NL. I had done the Uni one, but I checked the patch for NL, and it had not been installed, so I did. I haven't gone into my game yet again, but will in the next few hours.

I think that might be why it's doing strange things-I had not applied the patch to it. Have you patched your game? It might be worth the time to check your installed game files and patch files-if you registered with EA, it will be in your game file in the installed game.

Crossing my fingers and toes with hope. Will report back when I've played for a few hours.

Edit:
  I did put the patch in, and it seems to solve a few of the problems-but not all the houses are affected. So if you do have an unpatched game, patch it.
  For those houses that are not enabling the shower, I'm about to throw the owners out and get a new house for them. Perhaps it's the age of that particular game-it's one of the earliest versions of my favorite neighborhood, so it might have become a bit corrupted in the meantime. Of course I've been running the Lot Debugger on every single one of them, so the memories are going to be reduced.
  Otherwise than that, I can't say what's causing the problem. Damn, I wish I knew the answer. Sorry for not being more helpful.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:06:20 pm by MaryH » Logged

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 06:25:00 pm »

as far as i can see, when i installed m&g it updated my apartment life ep, so everything is patched as of right now. {i THINK}
but i don't think the patch would work because it's something in my downloads folder that's causing the shower problem. i'm still trying to find what it is. the game behaves normally without the downloads folder. ugh. thanks for helping, though. i only need to find something like an outdated mod that's screwing the game up. and i really need help doing that.
i appreciate the patch advice, though.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »

Well, if you do find a link between a download and the problem, please post..I'm still very curious as to what's causing this.
First time I've ever had this one happen in my game. It's not like the ordinary "jump" bug-more like "jump and vanish from the shower" bug.
Weird, no matter what you call it.

There is one other thing I'm going to try-I have the neighborhood placed in a map that has no corresponding SC4 file in the SC4 folder. I'm going to change it to one that does have a file. Perhaps it is related, perhaps not. I'm surprised the thing works if it has no related map in the game! (I have Mootilda's Hood Replacement Mod).

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 09:09:44 pm »

Did you download anything recently?

The reason I ask is, one time I downloaded a Custom Content cell phone and it caused a "jump bug" It affected the regular cell phone also.

Think along those lines.........Not the cell phone itself or the shower.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 05:26:29 am »

I think I have found the problem, finally! I pulled a classic "Ness", by having two copies of the same hack in my game-the Bathroom controller. They were in different places, and were differently dated. I've played several houses, and they are all ok without it.
Now I have to download the newest version and re-install it.
I do feel a little dumb. So, check your downloads carefully. You can never be too sure! I certainly was!

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:03 am »

i'm completely sure that the problem is just an outdated hack. or possibly more than one. those are the ones i need to find. the only possible outdated hacks i have would be squinges. i search for his old stuff and download it.

EDIT: alright so, here's what i've done. i made nina move in with don (so i could still play after don disappeared in the shower) and i found out that
1. only male sims disappear in the shower. females are fine.
2. i entered debug mode and i saved the game after he disappeared. then i went back to the neighborhood and reloaded the lot.
there was an object error.

and i'm attaching the exact error log.

NOTE: don being a vampire has nothing to do with it. i just changed him into one because i was bored.

there is also something else going on.. ? don and nina keep pointing at nothing and laughing for no reason? i have no idea why. it's annoying though.

* ObjectError_N001_t30673.txt (77.4 KB - downloaded 134 times.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:22:20 pm by JacobM » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 05:27:38 pm »

Looking through the error log, try removing:
1.  All of your vampire related mods, because the error was on a vampire processing the sleep test.
2.  All of the "naughty" mods, because these may be doing something with the sleep test and overlooked vampires.
3.  All custom careers, because these can just be a pain in the ass when you update EPs and they stop working.
4.  All custom foods, ditto.

What do careers and foods have to do with a disappearing sim you might wonder.  I wonder the same thing, but poorly made careers and foods have broken many other things completely unrelated so it's worth checking.  Of course, this particular error may have nothing to do with the sim disappearing, too.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 08:02:02 pm »

i think that this error has everything to do with the sim disappearing, because i know that if i removed all my downloads, then entered debug mode etc and did the exact same thing that i wouldn't have an error. i'll try removing those things, though. it makes sense because i do have some careers, and definitely some custom food items i've never downloaded before. i'd never guess that'd be the problem, but i'll test everything and see if my problem persists. but in the meantime, thank you.
morrison

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 03:11:06 am »

I have in game crashes during play but it seems only to be when theres a lot going on. I didnt have a crash when i played my single mother and her kido.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 04:59:49 am »

JacobM: do you, by chance, have the Margarita Tiki bar from MTS? I say this because a bunch of my friends from Usenet have exactly the same sim disappearing from showers problem from the Margarita Tiki bar. None of them have any idea why the bar would make sims disappear but it does. Taking out the puddle package fixes it. Not sure if the bar keeps working afterwards, though. It's enough that the files for the bar are in your downloads folder. Even if the bar isn't on the lot, sims still start disappearing from showers.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 05:03:54 am »

That's one I do have-and I have it in my game. Thanks for the heads-up, and I'm going to take it out now, because I never use it anyway.

ladykat

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 06:40:04 am »

JacobM: do you, by chance, have the Margarita Tiki bar from MTS? I say this because a bunch of my friends from Usenet have exactly the same sim disappearing from showers problem from the Margarita Tiki bar. None of them have any idea why the bar would make sims disappear but it does. Taking out the puddle package fixes it. Not sure if the bar keeps working afterwards, though. It's enough that the files for the bar are in your downloads folder. Even if the bar isn't on the lot, sims still start disappearing from showers.

Not quite the same.  The shower itself disappears.  The last time I tried it the sim turned up on the other side of the wall the shower head was on, looking embarassed at being naked. 

I removed the puddle, and tried the bar without it, it works fine as far as I can see.  It's just for drunk sims throwing up with no toilet on the lot.

But the creator can't replicate the problem, so you never know, it could cause different effects than those I got.

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 07:51:34 pm »

i do have the tiki bar! that is very weird.
i'm going to try deleting the puddles package. THANK YOU, so much!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 08:06:15 pm »

i've deleted the package, and don lothario doesn't disappear and the shower doesn't anymore. but my sims are resetting like crazy. i always seem to have a problem. but i wouldn't blame my game for having these problems, because i do have about 8,000+ downloads right now. i'll be satisfied once i get everything working right, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: