Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:46:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Window Makers: A desperate cry for a very useful horse-world window  (Read 5151 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katelish

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:07 pm »

Since Sims 1 I've been hoping for something like this. I see many barn sets out there for Sims 2 but none that you might actually see in barns built today. Stall grills are everywhere, yet there are NONE in TS2 and it's been this massive void in my life. I don't much care about doors, it's the windows that have been the source of my agony in trying to create believable-looking barns for my game. The way I (in my inexperience) figure might be easiest to achieve what would be needed is by either making both three-tile and four-tile versions of the grill or alternatively make an end and middle piece so that players can extend their stall grills as long as they want.

Why, if I'm so desperate for these in my game, did I wait so long? Because Dragon Slave -- the awesome horse mesher over at MTS2 -- and I had tried to take a bash at a large barn kit but both of us got too busy and I subsequently forgot everything I was learning. SO PLEASE. Someone, anyone... I'm on my knees with my hands pressed together.

(If someone's brave enough to do a door, you might clone the sliding glass door or perhaps a one-tile version of such, much like Windkeeper's? If that's too complicated, it doesn't much matter if it swings to me, as long as it's got the look.)

ILU  Cheerleader
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:43 am »

i am very busy at this time but sure like the idea, ill see wat i can do.
You can help me a little bit(if you can) by cloning the sliding glass door already and upload it here.

No longer active
Katelish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 08:41:37 pm »

Thanks so much! I, too, am extremely busy (caretaker of a research farm) but I'll try my best to help however I can -- and I'm so thankful you're brave enough to have a go at the door. So you just want me to clone, package, and upload as-is? I'll try and do that right now. Been a while! lol
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:18:28 pm »

hmm... those reminds me a bit of some of the half walls (not sure which EP). I'm almost sure I've seen similar fences, too.  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »

thnx

No longer active
Katelish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19:49 pm »

hmm... those reminds me a bit of some of the half walls (not sure which EP). I'm almost sure I've seen similar fences, too.  Undecided

Wanna point me to them if you can? I've sure scoured everywhere I can think for anything remotely like them, and the half-walls are nothing like what would be passable in a barn.

Also, BlooM, I've never cloned a door before and have no knowledge of animations or what settings to choose and whatnot. I went with the default cloning selection, and if it's incorrect, my biggest apologies. I can't find any door tutorials to help me along in that either.
Katelish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:35:23 pm »

http://www.gallamahrfarms.com/Sliding%20Stall%20Door.rar

Uploaded on my own domain
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 06:02:27 am »

thats ok, i have all ep's and stuff packs and its a pain to go throug al the objects before i find wat im looking for.
And since i have a dutch version alot objects have such silly names..

No longer active
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 05:14:24 pm »

this is not going to be easy.......
The door you cloned(and the best choice) has diffrent entrances and are actual 2 doors.
A left and a right side so when the sim enters the door al goes well but when leaving he walks through the door on the opposite side.
You might have seen it in the file but the object itself contains 4 seperate doors and i do not know if i can let them work all 4.

No longer active
Katelish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 10:29:06 am »

Yeah, what I had in mind was just the one-tile entrance/exit. Windkeeper had made a one-tile version of the sliding door, but I don't know how hard it was to achieve.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 03:31:08 pm »

I managed:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,106292.0.html
The door doesn't open completly but its the best i can do Smiley

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: