Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:34:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change skin on existing sim  (Read 4231 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
uchimatamaster

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:31:06 pm »

I found a new skin for my sims and was wondering is there a way of changing the existing sims to the new skin.  SimPE suppossedly can but everything I've trid hasn't worked.  Any ideas?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:49:24 pm »

You have to be more specific...
Default sims(made with Maxis skintones) or custom made sims?(made with cc skintones)
Maxis shape or custom shape?

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:04:29 pm »

Three options:

Skintone changer (there are some here at insim, I think - and it's also possible to make your own)
SimPE, changing the skin manually
Making the skin into a default skin.

(don't ask me how, because I've not done any of them myself...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
uchimatamaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:18:08 pm »

OK heres the long sorded story, my stepdaughter gave me her old game so she could buy sims 3, I started it up, used to play the first one years ago, I emmediatelly started finding new skins, clothes, etc.  I then found the HBB, SBB, BBB skins and started using them.  The Sim in question is a HBB, I found a new skin made by someone and used SimPE to switch them out.  Made a new sim with the new skin, used surgery and nothing happened and now he showers with no body and he looks like crap with shirtless clothes, so how am I to get him to a skin!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 05:36:20 pm »

Did you get the shower-proof meshes?

If you didn't that will stop the floating head you see in the shower.

And, I hope you didn't save the game when you exited. If you did he'll stay that way.

Also, you may want to follow this tutorial....I've used it many times and works every time
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,18184.0.html

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 05:46:13 pm »

Personally, I use this tool found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572

It's the second mod on that page. You have to 'load' all your cc skins into the package before playing the game, but after that, should be able to change them in-game at will. The instructions are all there, anyway.
uchimatamaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »

EKozski ---it worked perfectly, even my stepdaughter has gone through her sims and redone all the skins to the ones she's found and downloaded...AND NO FLOATING HEAD!!!!!   Thanks to all for the help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: