Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:56:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF this moviemaking object?  (Read 2453 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:49:49 pm »

I'm not sure if it's real, but I'd like to know if anyone's ever heard of a moving background that you could put beside your sim while they were in a car so it looked like they were driving.

Also, if there is something to make it look like there are red and blue flashing lights nearby? It would be great if they were actually on an emergency vehicle, but if they're not, it's OK.
ZanarkandFayth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 06:10:07 pm »

I might be wrong (totally possible), but I think the moving background is done by green screen in some Photoshop or other software. But, I could be wrong.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=99883<--My new Sims2 story, please read and reply. ^^
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:45:05 am »

i only have photoshop elements 3, and i don't know how to work a green screen. is there something on the sims that provides a green screen?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:57:20 pm »

Maybe green walls/floors...? Don't have to be more difficult than that. Just remember to use a color that is NOT in the stage, so that the background shows through on the right places.
Green screens are used to capture something that is difficult to actually film in real life - like moving backgrounds when you have things standing still, or similar. It's often also used to show the weather charts on TV, and several other things. I don't know how to do the movie part, as I've never done it myself - but for photoshop/moviemaking, just put in the background where the "green screen" is. (In photoshop, you just select all the "green" parts, and paste in the picture you want in the background.

Like I did here Smiley

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:03:31 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »

Oh, i can see how you did that in photoshop. i'll try that next time so i don't get stuck photoshopping out grass for four hours Grin

But i'm looking for something to use in a movie so that it will look like the background is moving when it really isn't. the scene i have in mind is a girl driving a car, and to make it look like she's driving, the background should be moving, but idk how to do that.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:01:35 pm »

Here's a starting point for you to find the tutorials related to movie making for Sims 2:

List of Movie Making Tutorials For Sims 2

At least you will be able to find an answer to your question there and see what you can do to spiff your movie up.

I did remember something similar to a Sims 2 movie or rather a music video using the Harajuku Girls (Sims). Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: