Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:39:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homeless Sims  (Read 5281 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

I'm not really sure what the deal is with the popularity of these homeless Sims stories.
2 Weeks ago, a story about 2 homeless characters was started, Alice and Kev. It got worldwide attention including a mention on the Sims3.com. And the story is still running.
Read the blogstory here: http://aliceandkev.wordpress.com/

But now there's some competition by Gaming Nexus. They also started a homeless story about the characters Sara and Mike.
Check it here: http://www.gamingnexus.com/FullNews/Sara-and-Mike--Those-other-homeless-people-in-the-Sims-3/Item13010.aspx - http://www.gamingnexus.com/FullNews/Sara-and-Mike-Those-other-homeless-people-in-the-Sims-3----starving-to-death/Item13019.aspx
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »

Thank you for sharing the links to those fantastic stories! These people wrote riveting stories with great pics.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 06:15:21 pm »

You're welcome, glad you liked them cool
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:56:43 am »

That was excellent thanks for that Maniac Cheesy
maniac19642003
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 11:17:19 am »

You're welcome, glad you liked them cool
macheriebabydoll
Fearsome cuddler.

I wonder...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 12:25:28 am »

I'm really glad you shared those!
Still... I don't really understand worldwide attention over two homeless Sims. I mean, haven't (I daresay) we all done a homeless family sometime, even with the (very good) one-family-at-time style of TS2? So what makes this so revolutionary?...

Team Edward.
Team I Finally Have A Life.
I write.
"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom." Robert Frost
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:51 pm »

I had a feeling that the writer for one of the stories is trying to make an effort to let more people know about homeless people out there around the world in real life. Some companies will use Sims 2 or Sims 3 to create stories addressing the issues that the society should be made aware of such as teen pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, homeless people and whatnot.

I think the stories were well written and very touching in many ways to make us aware of the needs of the homeless people. These people live day-to-day on food handouts if they're lucky and try to get some sort of shelter or rest if they're lucky to find space at a shelter. Unfortunately, children are affected by homelessness as they cannot focus on education when they're worried about where they're going to eat or sleep. Adults have more stressing issues on top of finding a way to care for their children.

My aunt was homeless for awhile after she left her abusive husband and was facing these sort of things. She did get lucky getting help from a shelter she was staying at.

These stories are the point people try to get across and get more people involved with organizations to help homeless people or to help people deal with life changing issues.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:50:54 am »

I don't see what the big deal with "homeless sims" is. All I see is ineptitude of play, either because the player sucks, or because they're doing it for the lulz. The fact of the matter is that being homeless is the DESIRED state for a freshly made sim, and homes represent a luxury item for those who have more than a lousy 16K to burn, as 16K doesn't buy a house worth a damn. As substandard equipment in TS3 is actually harmful to your sims, you are better off simply roughing it without the "benefit" of these harmful, negative-moodlet-inflicting items until you can afford a real house.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: