Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:07:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Seasons as difficult to get running as Pets is?  (Read 4070 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CarolJude

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:34:23 pm »

I've spent the better part of a week trying to get Pets to run right. Have reinstalled everything at least half a dozen times, have Combo Patched, have gone through each and every one of my downloads, and time after time it's problem -> solved -> new problem.

It's not worth it to me just to have critters running around, so I'm going to reinstall everything to what I had before this evil that is 'Pets,' but I'm wondering if from now on it's going to be the same way if I move on to further expansion packs. I want to play, not fix. Just wish I could take advantage of more of the beautiful CC out there.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 05:09:27 pm »

I run all the expansions up to and including Seasons, with 4+ gigs of custom content.

I've never had a problem, except with under-powered PC's and bad graphics card's and the occassional ingame error or mod conflict.

But, I've patched every single game/expansion. From base game to Seasons.

Though, my Open for bussiness CD is NOT my first one. My original, never worked. I got a bum copy and I had to replace it. The second one worked.

Maybe if you say more of whats happening with your copy of Pets, y'know, the problem can be identified.

Correction-I'm sorry, I followed the link, I didnt see that this was the Mac section. I dont know anything about macs as I am a PC user. But, perhaps it has something to do with the versions.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:39:08 pm by Ifrito » Logged

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
CarolJude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:02:06 pm »

So happy I can answer this now....

NO!

Got my copy of Seasons, re-installed everything from start to finish (and patched) and I am in a MUCH better head now. I have faith in the future and that when I quit out of the game everything will be where it was the last time I visited.

If any new Mac people click on this thread in the same frustrated mindset as I had been for the last few weeks, here's a tip: If you've gotten Pets but haven't gotten Seasons, don't even play until you do. You'll have a much smoother time of things, (esp. if you're addicted to custom content.) Also, the whole weather thing is REALLY sweet. Thunderstorms!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: