Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:32:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pulling My Hair Out  (Read 2173 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
thechadomatic

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:47:03 pm »

Hi Everyone. Whoever can successfully help me is officially the greatest person EVER! I have been trying all day to locate custom content which I downloaded. I have followed the directions read in posts - Made sure that custom content is enabled. I have tried Sim File Maid 2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 2... and the downloaded items STILL do not show up in my game. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:34 pm »

where are you putting them?  they are not still .rar or .zip files are they? By the way - you shouldn't doublepost.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:35:17 am »

I had that problem. Time and time again. As for the reasons I cannot give you an answer, but there's a workaround - at least in my case.

If you already had a working downloads folder with stuff showing up, keep that save. For some reasons, the game looks for that particular folder. If you make changes to it, empty it out, but don't delete it. Refill it. That works in my case. Maybe it's a bit of help.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 11:46:45 am »

Did you download them into a folder called My Downloads or a folder called My Received Files under the following location?

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Downloads

If they are in either folder, they need to be moved out to your desktop (screen with taskbar and icons to your favorite programs) where you can unzip the content into your own Downloads folder in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

If you don't have a Downloads folder, you can create one in that location and make sure the folder has a capital D.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »

i had a problem with downloads but i figured it out... you should look at my post called "downloads" the people helping me were great and maybe it will help you too.

also for unzipping files and changing rar files you should try 7 zip

hope i helped
dancefan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:03:17 pm »

what i tried was this:
1st- make a copy of your my documents/EAgames/downloads folder and place it, dunno, in your desktop
2- run the sims body shop. once it opens , close it.
3-you`ll see a new Downloads folder under my documents/ eagames....
4-copy your archives from the old download folder ( the one u had sitting on the deskyop) into the new one

It worked for me.

try that and tell me if it works . Good luck  Goodjob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: