Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 12:54:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i make my own hairstyle for sims 2?  (Read 3455 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Notgivingbirth

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 08:34:25 am »

I need to make my own hair mesh (and recolors) for sims 2  but.. What program I need?  huh
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:41:11 am by Notgivingbirth » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:40:50 am »

beginner tutorials, plus lists over everything you'll need to get started here Smiley

You'll at least need simPE, plugins and a mesh programme. Milkshape is recommended, since there are plugins for this programme, though I think there might be plugins for Blender too (though it's a bit harder to learn Blender).

You'll also need photoshop, Gimp or another picture editing programme for recolors.

I myself use 3D Max for the meshing part (I use it at school, so I'm more familiar with this - plus the UV mapping is a lot easier to get right), and Milkshape for bone assignments and to make the meshes ready for SimPE (I hate the workflow of the Milkshape mesh making... But that's just me). Photoshop for recolors.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:49:01 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Notgivingbirth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:42:54 am »

thanks theraven!   Grin but is there a free 3d modeling program?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

Blender is free, but might take more time to learn, since the workflow is different from most other 3D programmes. There are other programmes, too.
Milkshape was free before, but not anymore. Though, as far as I know, it's one of the cheapest 3D programmes.

3D max is in the same league as Photoshop... makers wants money.  angry
Gimp is free, though Smiley

Just remember that meshing isn't easy - especially when you're new to it. Lots of confusing tools, navigating gone astray, plus meshes ending up looking like a car crash. My first day at mesh-making, I was just happy I managed to make a figure out of primitives (like boxes and spheres that were "drag and drop"). I've been working with 3D for a year now, and I'm still learning. Animation is even harder, and often takes ages to get right (I've made two 3D shorts, so I know what I'm talking about...).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:08:24 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Notgivingbirth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:01:34 am »

Thanks theraven!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: