Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:29:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Unused Parts in MultiAlpha Recolors?  (Read 15457 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tamha

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:10 pm »

I made a few recolors of some multi-alpha meshes, but parts I am not using are still being included in the package file. Is there an easy way to remove the references to the unused parts of the mesh? I always get rid of duplicate textures, and these extra parts all have EnvCubes, and removing the extra textures ruins the outfit.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:53:29 am »

That's why they're called "multi alpha meshes", I guess. So you can use them to create more outfits only by using one mesh. If you remove parts, you most likely have to make a new mesh.
"Remove" the parts with the alpha channel instead (as you're supposed to do) Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
tamha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:32:18 am »

Ah, you misunderstand. I am blacking out the alpha channels, but when I import the project the unused parts still have stuff attached to them, which take up unnecessary space. I want to get rid of those extraneous references, blank textures, unused EnvCubes, etc.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:59:22 am »

Those files when blacked out dont use much space, maybe 25 to 50 kb......
If you want them out you have to edit the TXMT's with Simpe
The envcube files are ven smaller as they are like 64x64 instead of the 1024x1024

No longer active
tamha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 05:59:47 pm »

But it is safe to remove them with SimPE? Besides the actual textures, I'd have to pull the material definitions that call them and remove that call from the 3IDR, right?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:49:41 pm »

No, you have to remove the 3 lines in the propertyset that refers to the particular meshpart for the layers you do not want.
That layer/meshgroup will not be used by the recolor file then.
This is very tricky as those lines are in a specific order, linked to the TXMT's
Removing the last 3 lines will not give problems, removing 3 lines inbetween will mess up the links to the TXMT's
The 3 lines you have to remove to delete a layer or meshgroup are:
overrideshape
overridesubset
overrideresourcekeyidx

Depending how many meshgroups you are going to delete you will have to set back the numoverrides to the corresponding #

The envcube files you can disable in the TXMT's that uses them,
There is a line called stdMatEnvCubeMode set it to none instead of reflection.

If you want to disable the bumpmapping you have to delete the 4 files were it says stdMatNormalMapTexture

You must not delete TXMT's/envcube/normalmap or texturefiles!!!!
When done clone your outfit with bodyshop and all files will be gone.

If this is to difficult ask me wat it is that you want and i remove the files.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:56:04 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
tamha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:20 pm »

No, I think I got all that, going to save this post to my tutorial bookmarks so I can refer to it later. Thank you so much!  Fanku
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:19:34 am »

your welcome

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:48:56 pm »

May I highjack please? This looks like what I need to do, but I'm stuck.

I'm trying to remove the noblend group from a maternity replacement package. I'm often a bit blind when using SimPE - where is the Property Set hiding? I can't find it at all.

And what do you mean by cloning the finished mesh in Bodyshop?

Thankyou.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 05:00:47 am »

May I highjack please? This looks like what I need to do, but I'm stuck.

I'm trying to remove the noblend group from a maternity replacement package. I'm often a bit blind when using SimPE - where is the Property Set hiding? I can't find it at all.

And what do you mean by cloning the finished mesh in Bodyshop?

Thankyou.

A replacement package does not have a propertyset.....
Those contain textures and/or meshes

Cloning the finished mesh?
Were did you read that? You can clone a recolor(outfit) with bodyshop, but not the mesh.

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 06:34:02 am »

A replacement package does not have a propertyset.....
Those contain textures and/or meshes

That explains why I can't find it then.  Cheesy

As for cloning, it was a misquote from your own words above.
When done clone your outfit with bodyshop
So is this irrelevant to my replacement problem?

What I've done is use the BV huladress for the maternity wear, which is working fine except that I can't get Bodyshop to read the noblend or alpha files so I can't recolour any of the accessories. The lei looks a bit stupid on very pregnant sims, not to mention that they all have the SAME lei, so I wanted to remove it.

I was hoping the process you explained above was my missing link, either to get Bodyshop to acknowledge those parts of the mesh or to remove the lei.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 07:09:44 am »

So you downed a maternity default replacement and changed the outfit and mesh with the BV Huladress?
Did you relink the textures and meshes to Maxis originals or did you load copy's in that particular package?

I did once made that dress available as a standalone mesh, maybe you can use it?
It has also the noblend part in it but you can delete it within the mesh(the gmdc)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,64714.0.html
If the replacements use the original maxis files then you could consider deleting the noblend part within the original mesh.
You should make a new package, load the afbodydresshula gmdc in it and delete the noblend.

It is possible that you have my sexyfeet replacements installed which also contains that file, then delete the noblend in there.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,64707.0.html

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »

So you downed a maternity default replacement and changed the outfit and mesh with the BV Huladress?
Did you relink the textures and meshes to Maxis originals or did you load copy's in that particular package?

I have used the_mystical_one's replacement of the hula dress which has the preg morph added. The textures from the maternity clothes are in my package, and have been changed to recoloured versions of the hula dress. I don't think I've done any relinking, unless by accident.

I've already deleted the noblend wherever I found it mentioned in the package - in the GMND and SHPE. I am thinking there is something I need to do to tell the game that I've deleted those things, which is what brought me to this thread.

Thanks for helping. Hopefully that's enough info for you to give me the right advice. The thread where I've been nutting this out on MTS is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=2744670#post2744670

I wrote up notes as I did the last verison, so you should be able to see exactly what I'm doing.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 07:42:35 pm »

Just had a look at the mesh, couldn't remember how the layers were placed.

I am not sure wat it is that you want to remove but if you only want the outfit you can delete the noblend file and both the alpha files.
The noblend covers the neckless while the alpha's cover the gras thingy's on hands and ankles and the layer arround the waist.
If you delete them in the gmdc of the mesh none will show anymore.

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 10:13:01 pm »

But I have. Assuming you meant the GMND, since those groups don't seem to be listed under the GMDC. Or do you mean I have to delete them from the mesh before putting it into the replacement package?

I only want to get rid of the noblend (necklace) really.

EDIT: I found two places in the GMDC which mentioned noblend - a set of tickboxes under Models, which had Body and Noblend ticked, and the two alphas not ticked. Unticked that. Also, dug into the Groups tab and deleted one from that list too. Committed and saved. But my sims still wear leis! Am I in the right place at all?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:36:23 pm by aelflaed » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: