Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:54:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Unused Parts in MultiAlpha Recolors?  (Read 15318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 05:22:50 am »

But I have. Assuming you meant the GMND, since those groups don't seem to be listed under the GMDC. Or do you mean I have to delete them from the mesh before putting it into the replacement package?

I only want to get rid of the noblend (necklace) really.

EDIT: I found two places in the GMDC which mentioned noblend - a set of tickboxes under Models, which had Body and Noblend ticked, and the two alphas not ticked. Unticked that. Also, dug into the Groups tab and deleted one from that list too. Committed and saved. But my sims still wear leis! Am I in the right place at all?

The ticking or unticking is only for the preview.
You must indeed go to the groups tab and select the noblend file.
It will take a sec before its selected, then delete it, click commit and save your file.
Seems you did it all correct, check the file again if the noblend is gone.

Never edit the gmnd or cres file, it often makes your meshpackage corrupt so the game will prolly skip it and use the originals.

EDIT,
I read your tutorial but that is not how i make my replacements.
I only put the original gmdc and the textures(TXt and lifo) into one file.
then i switch the mesh within the gmdc and build new textures with nvidia tool

If you really want this to be a replacement you have to include all the txtr files(9txtr's) and the 9 lifo's as you have to fix those also
And including the alpha files of your new dress will be very hard.

Hmm, there is another way, maybe and that does include indeed the propertyset......
But you have to build the full package as if it was a new outfit released by EA.(and will be basegame compatible)
The Carnival outfits/meshes for instance give you a example how to do it.
You have to include
propertyset
3D id files
TXMT's
TXTR's
Lifo's
text lists
Binary index
And the gmdc/cres/shpe and gmnd...

Far from ez.....especially in your case as the outfit you want to change has 9 recolors
All these files you can extract from the basegame but you have to manually edit them to replace them with the hula dress.
I would stick to my method and only edit the gmdc and txtr's and forget the alpha's and noblend.
If you want to give it a try look in: EA GAMES\De Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package
There you find your 9 propertyset's of the afBodyMaternityShirtPants...i say 9 but there are more in the other EP's(BV in know for sure)
That is the file you must start with.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:34:27 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 06:53:26 am »

The noblend is certainly gone from the current package. Sounds like perhaps I can't alter the alphas or noblend in this kind of replacement.

Do I actually need the LIFOs? At first I though Phaenoh meant me to put them in, then I decided she only told me to extract them so I could use the larger textures for recolouring. My current file seems to be working...what should be wrong without the LIFOs? I can put them in, naturally. They were included in my previous try.

Your next suggestion sounds even more complex than what I've already done! Grin Perhaps I should just live with the leis and let well enough alone.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 10:54:53 am »

I think wat happened is that by replacing the shpe you linked your gmdc back to the original one from BV.
Did you check ingame if the pregmorph still is there?
In your tut your placing your file on your desktop..........the game wont read it if its there Wink
Make sure you edited the correct one and were it is located.

You can simply use the basegame gmdc and load the hula dress in it but the noblend and the alpha's wont be visible then.
If you want the alpha's you should include the SHPE file also and edit it(add the alpha's)
This means you will also need to add custom TXMT's and the alpha textures.

You must use the lifo's, you must build a new TXTR file with them!
The TXTR file stops with the 256x256, you need to include the 512x512 and 1024x1024
It will look like this:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:00:02 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 02:39:03 am »

I think wat happened is that by replacing the shpe you linked your gmdc back to the original one from BV.
Did you check ingame if the pregmorph still is there?

(...)You must use the lifo's, you must build a new TXTR file with them!
The TXTR file stops with the 256x256, you need to include the 512x512 and 1024x1024
The sims in-game get pregnant bellies using the replacement file, so the pregmorph must be there - in fact I saw it mentioned briefly when I was looking at that Groups tab.
I must test in an environment with no other CC and make sure though. Haven't quite done that as yet although the minigame I used for Bodyshop has nothing else in it.
Step 18: Put your finished replacement package into your downloads folder. Run the game, and check how it looks.
I think this may be what you missed from the tute - you might be looking at the draft version of course.  Wink

I did use the LIFOs to build the texture images, and my package shows those larger sizes (definitely the biggest one)  as well as the smaller ones. Without any lifos included in the package. Do I still need to add them as well?

You can simply use the basegame gmdc and load the hula dress in it but the noblend and the alpha's wont be visible then.
If you want the alpha's you should include the SHPE file also and edit it(add the alpha's)
This means you will also need to add custom TXMT's and the alpha textures.
Maybe this is what I did the first time - I had a version that didn't show any of the alpha layers in-game, which wasn't any good because the belt shadow was still there. The next version had all the accessories, and now I'm aiming for somewhere in the middle. I don't know what changed in my method between those two versions.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 03:30:58 am »

if you used the lifo to build the new TXTR file everything is fine, you do not have to include them then.

Ill see if i can popout a replacement file, just for one recolor.

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 05:11:56 am »

Re the LIFO - Great! that's surely better than including them and bloating the file for no real reason.

Thanks a lot for your advice, you're very helpful.

EDIT: Whoa! Just tried with only the replacement in Downloads...and no belly. Must have been masked by something else, although I did think I had checked that earlier. Maybe that was the previous version.

Outfit colours appear correct, but none of the sims have pregnant tummies anymore. Yes, I opened the package and pregbot is there under the Models tab. And I know the original custom mesh worked, although that needs a hack for everyday maternity wear. Which is of course missing just now, and perhaps responsible for making this replacement look like it is working. Or maybe it is becaues of the SHPE file being replaced as you suggested.

Perhaps I'll make another version with your method and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:20:09 am by aelflaed » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:28 am »

I made a attempt with extracting the propertyset and 3d ID files, gonna check em ingame.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:00:34 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:52 am »

I've done what I probably should have done in the first place - figure out how to remove the belt shadow in PainShop Pro, so I don't need any alphas!  YAY

Wasn't even all that difficult in the end, although maybe that's due to the sharp increase in my Paintshop skills during this project. A few days ago I couldn't imagine how to achieve that, which is partly why I've been chasing alphas. As well as just plain wanting to make it work. I hate thinking something should work, and finding that it just won't.

So I now have a new package, with just the GMDC and LIFO-replaced TXTRs in it. No other CC loaded, sims wearing the right clothes and with enormous bellies. And no shadows in odd places. Hurrah.

Should have asked you in the first place, if I had only known to do so.  Cheesy

I'll have to update my tutorial so it works properly. It would still be nice to have some of the accessories, but I can live without them if your attempt isn't successful.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 08:36:18 am »

I am still wondering if you have indeed created a default replacement because.
There are 9 outfits you have to fix the textures for.
Those maternity outfits do not show in bodyshop so you must fix the png's and import new dxt's with Simpe.

I also had a attempt and its not that hard after all, i did not use any meshes/textures and such just a matter of relinking.
Included is a default replacement for the afbodymaternityshirtpants_fall.
I included the propertyset because at first i thought i had to add the 3 extra subsets(noblend/alpa3 and alpha5) to it but the outfit and accesoires works without the extra subsets.
The propertyset you do need to find the correct 3d ID file, you find it by the matching instance number so i left it in.

So i only replaced the 3d ID file with the 3d ID file from the huladress from BV and my ingame pregnant sim changed outfit.
EDIT, also included a new mesh(my sexyfeet mesh) with pregbelly and the fixed noblend.(neckless)

Oh, i can not add attachements in here
just pm me your email if you want it

Note,
It is just one outfit out of 9, all others you have to do yourself.
And since the maternity outfitrecolors are randomly assigned to a sim you got to be lucky to get this outfit ingame. Cheesy
Cool thing is that the mesh included is a replacement for the hula BV and will give all BV outfits sexyfeet and a pregmorph also

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:33:21 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 01:57:22 am »

I PM'd you. I have a sim wearing the fall maternity already, should be easy to check how it works in my game.

I can send you my package in return, so you can see if I got it right. I believe it is, but then I believed that before.  Embarrassed

I'm not sure why you doubt the current one, though. I've replaced all nine TXTRs with new LIFO-sized images, and am seeing a variety of them in-game.

I have a mod to make maternity defaults appear in Bodyshop, but I haven't done the recolours likie that as Bodyshop wasn't giving me access to the accessory sections anyway.

What did you "fix" about the noblend? On the_mystical_one's mesh, the bottom of the lei sticks out funny on pregnant sims, which is one reason I wanted it gone. On yours it isn't doing that, but your belly is smaller. (Unless yours is just early pregnancy, mine are all in the last stage.)

Do I understand correctly, that you have made two new things - a recolour for the fall maternity outfit, and a replacement for the hula mesh? 
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 06:06:38 am »

I made a full replacement package, all 9 outfits i relinked to either the basegame alphaskirt or the BV huladress.
It doesn't include SHPE/CRES/GMND/TXTM's, textures or lifo's so you must have BV EP installed.

I used only the game files but included 2 custom meshes.
The hulaskirt with sexyfeet and pregmorph
The huladress with sexyfeet and pregmorph

When the sim is in normal state it uses 4 meshes(layers) for the 3d shape.
the body
the alpha's(outside and inside layer) for the grass thingy's and the belt
the noblend which is the neckless.

All those meshes have a 2nd mesh linked to them, the fat state morph.
When also a pregmorph(the 3rd mesh) is needed you need to build/link again 4 meshes for the pregnant state.
Themysticalone forgot to make the noblend morph for the pregstate.
The neckless shown with pregnant state is the one for the normal body, which doesn't fit.

In my mesh i added that morph for the noblend.
TMO's meshes do have a bigger belly, i used the Maxis(basegame) one.

If you like i upload it, since im finished with it.(except the ones for the EP's)

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 06:58:58 pm »

Thanks, I think I understand that now. It explains why the noblend just won't work using TMO's mesh.

One thing I am not sure of still - should I do some kind of relinking with my package, or is it not needed?

So, if I were to make another replacement using the mesh you've sent me, that one should allow recolouring of the accessories, correct? And those groups should be exported by Bodyshop correctly?

I'm glad you figured out there was actually something missing from TMO's mesh, that makes a lot of sense. Smiley

EDIT - had a look at your file with SimPE and in-game. I didn't realise it was possible to use more than one mesh within the replacement package. That's why you talked about both the hulaskirt and the huladress. Cool.

I assume I could add TXTRs as I did before? I lke the sexyfeet, but the hulaskirt looks a bit odd under the belly - the long skirt gets away with it but the short one does not. The necklace is great though. I'll look at the package in Bodyshop next and see what I find.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:35:48 pm by aelflaed » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

and here i am still puzzled.....how can you view these in bodyshop?
These maternity outfits are hidden from bodyshop and CAS

I do not know if you have Milkshape but if not then upload TMO's gmdc, the extracted mesh and send it to me.
It is 1 minute work to add the noblend morphfile to his mesh.
Load that mesh into my afbodyhuladress gmdc and your done.

I relinked the outfit(propertyset) to all the BV files and you are working with all the original game files so you need to include:
the basegame gmdc updated with the huladress mesh
the basegame shpe  updated with the lines alpha3/alpha5 and the noblend
The BV TXMT's for the alpha3/alpha5 and the noblend file
The BV TXTR's for all 9 outfits.(the TXTR's for the alpha's and noblend are also linked to this file)

This is wat you must include when you want your package to be basegame compatible........really alot of work.(times 9....)
the reason it is still working sofar is most likly due the fact that you replaced the SHPE file with the one from BV
That shpe file is linked to the TXMT's from BV and those are linked again to the TXTR's.
I do not want to dissapoint you but ask someone without BV to test your file.
I do not think it will work...
You can not replace CRES/GMND and SHPE files with others, a way to check if all went well is to use the scenecrapher from the tools menu.
Make sure you disable the BV EP(in options) when you do

There is a older maternity replacement package on MTS, it replaces all 9 basegame maternity outfit with HP's summerdress(custom mesh.)
I do not know how that one is build but prolly the same as mine.
Check that one out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:02:01 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:31 am »

I thought I had said - I found a hack by Motoki (on MATY) which unlocks the maternity clothes for bodyshop (and I think in-game shopping, although I haven't tried that). It's part of the thread for the Clothing Equality mod. Loads the maternity wear fine in Bodyshop, default or replaced.

I have downloaded milkshape but have never installed it. So far, I haven't had to.  Wink

I replied to your email earlier, but it bounced. I'll try again with TMO's mesh. You want the .5gd file? I've packaged and emailed it, we'll see if it gets through this time.

My current package doesn't include the SHPE, and I don't expect it to be basegame compatible. I have posted it on Mediafire so a couple of people might test it for me, but I flagged it for BV.  http://www.mediafire.com/?ykamldy0zmt if you like to look.

I like to be aware of basegame compatibility when I make anything, but I'm not expecting it when I want to use a BV mesh. When I eventually learn to add my own preg morphs, then I can do whatever I like.  Wink

Thanks for telling me how to do it, though. I'll be filing away your hints and tips for next time.

aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 05:19:40 am »

I can't seem to reply to your email, it bounced again. I've put the extracted 5gd on mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gazmtymjzyr
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: