Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:36:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 being forgotten?  (Read 11537 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »

Let's not derail this by turning it into a Sims 3 bashfest, please. Smiley You're all entitled to your opinions, but this thread isn't about what you think of the Sims 3 (that has it's own place in the Sims 3 section), it's about whether you intend to continue playing and/or making cc for the Sims 2. OK? Thanks. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 04:10:09 pm »

Sorry, i personally have nothing against sims 3, i'm just not interested in it right now.
I don't think i'll leave sims 2 for a loooong time. I hope others don't forget the sims 2 either...

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

See my retro/music inspired sims 2 creations here :rr:

Looking for Sim contests? Go to Simoasis! :]
VanityDeMise

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 04:24:41 pm »

I'm not interested in Sims 3 at all. I'll be creating for Sims 2 even after they have a way to make custom bodyshapes. Those pudding people just look strange to me.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:33 pm »

I feel the same way, I've just now gotten myself into production of content for Sims 2 and I'm not walking away from a hobby that I enjoy, so look for me in the days, weeks, etc. to come.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 08:03:24 am »

If Sims 3 would have been released on consoles as-is, then I'd have more positive things to say.
But, judging from the reactions, I'm even more hesitant to try it out now than I was before. (And I was hesitant to begin.)

This is an example of why messing with a proven formula too much to appeal to too broad a base will usually result in a game with a lot of potential, but a lot to be desired in execution. (SimCity Societies and Spore are both guilty of this.)
brandie_tst_foreva

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 10:43:43 pm »

ppl say tht ts2 will b 4gotten n abondoned by its players 4 ts3, although thoes r the fake players, as long as (us) the real players stand by the game n continue simming then the real creators will stand with us....
in my oppenion ts3 is a stupid game, my brother has it n well i dnt have it cuz 4 reasons, i just found ts2, my comp wnt support it, i dnt want ts3, n i <3<3<3<3 ts2.... its b came my hobby, n ive gotten sum ppl 4om my church 2 play it....
selenashelper

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 11:14:29 pm »

I don't think TS2 has been forgotten about at all! I still play both games, and there is an entire thread @ BPS about how people are abandoning TS3 and heading right back to version 2.0.
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »

Sims 3 is a new shiny toy, so I'm not surprised to see so many people jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not sure it will be a flash in the pan, either, at least not for a while. For some reason, the Amazon approval ratings have improved a little, though I'm guessing that the reason for that is due to the free site creators' efforts. I myself don't see the charm as yet, but since I like to play many families, build lots where I want to build them, use very different body and item meshes, use different terrains in different neighborhoods (the loading time never bothered me, to tell you the truth), etc., it's not hard to see why in my case. It's my preference. Maybe someday, I'll pick up a used copy of the game and check it out. (Heck, I've seen new ones going for under $30 now, though that isn't too common yet. The "average" price on EBay seems to hover around $30 to $36 for new, $28 to $32 for used ... interesting for a game that is only a month and a half old!) Right now, it's not a priority with me, and won't be for a long time.

I echo Rock Justice's thoughts. This sounds like it will make a GREAT console game. Maybe I'll wait for that. Or not.

Anyway, even now, there are sites with Sims 1 updates, after how long? Nine years? I would think there will still be many Sims 2 sites left for a while, just not nearly as many as we're used to. I agree with those here who see that a wiser site owner who wants to reach out to a wide group of players will feature both Sims 2 and Sims 3 offerings. In time, we might even need more sites to provide separate lists of sites that have Sims 1, Sims 2 AND Sims 3 creations. To tell ya the truth, I'm starting to get confused as to who is offering what now!

One reason for the change in attitude in Sims 2 material might very well be that after about five years, we've exhausted many avenues of creativity. How many bobs and long hairstyles can one site have? How many types of sofas? While there WILL be people to come up with new and different ideas, they might be a little slower in coming simply because they've been done already! And it hasn't helped that so many of the brightest and most innovative Sims 2 creators have retired from creating entirely or almost entirely ... Enayla, Louis, Nouk, Warlokk, etc. There will be new ones to fill their shoes ... there are already ... but you may not see as many of them.

As for me, I have such a wealth of Sims 2 stuff over the years from so many creators (even though I stopped at Seasons) that it's no sweat to me to add things more carefully now. It keeps my folder trimmer, though I suspect I will be adding some new Sims 2 stuff from time to time to keep things from being stale. I guess I'm just a dinosaur ... for now, anyway.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:06:54 am by gazania » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 09:06:53 am »

That's interesting selenashelper. I haven't read on any forums that people are throwing down there new shiny, to go back to TS2. Do you want to know why I think people are so gaga over the game? In my opinion, in the little amount of time I did play I can clearly see that EA ripped the games code, straight from TS1! shocked Does anyone else see the resemblance? I can tell from how big the rooms are when you build, and just how sims oneish EVERYTHING in the game looks, from the sofas to the damn flowers. EA clearly wanted to resurrect an old classic? Anyone agree? huh
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 11:27:49 am »

ppl say tht ts2 will b 4gotten n abondoned by its players 4 ts3, although thoes r the fake players, as long as (us) the real players stand by the game n continue simming then the real creators will stand with us....
in my oppenion ts3 is a stupid game, my brother has it n well i dnt have it cuz 4 reasons, i just found ts2, my comp wnt support it, i dnt want ts3, n i <3<3<3<3 ts2.... its b came my hobby, n ive gotten sum ppl 4om my church 2 play it....

Brandie_tst_foreva, please use proper English when you write your post.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
brandie_tst_foreva

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 03:07:57 am »

OK, I'LL WRITE PROPER ENGLISH IN WORDS THAT NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND.... HAHAHA... BUT NAW SERIOUSLY... PLAY TS2.... ITS THE BETTER GAME... TS3 IS NOT REALLY THAT GOOD OF A GAME... IF FACT PARDON MY BAD ENGLISH, BUT IT SUCKS....
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 10:38:16 am »

And capslock off, please. No need to shout Wink

I'm still not giving up on Sims 2. Yes, I have Sims 3, but (I think I mentioned this before), I have the room for both, so I can play both.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:17 am »

Brandie, I'm going to say this and say it once: shut up if you can't stop typing all in caps. It's rude and inconsiderate, and it's not the first time that you have done this. Did you overdose on idiot pills this morning? And before you get sniffy with me about my attitude towards your thoughtless behaviour, I only get like this with people that don't bother to read the rules or have a thing where they think that they are above them. Your own conduct brings me down upon your hind end with this warning. Heed it and mend your ways, or leave. The choice is yours.

To others, let's not turn this into a Sims 3 bashing thread. We've all had our say in the Sims 3 section and that's where it needs to stay. People like me are still creating for Sims 2 and the sites we upload to are staying strong and updating all of the time. We're not going anywhere for some time, so don't get your hair knotted over nothing. Any more of the trash talk about either game will see this thread get locked and possibly deleted.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
tootx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 11:42:03 am »

I have both games installed on my computer. I like sim 2 but my children like 3. I am not a fan of 3 and dont think i wil be jumping ship no time soon.
brandie_tst_foreva

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 01:09:58 pm »

So is this the way all ADMIN people treat the good people of the SIMMING community??? PADEN??? By saying I'm doped up on IDIOT PILLS???
Read my message, and understand one thing, YOU ARE THE IMBECILE, OAF, OR FOOL (Which ever tickles your fancy to be called) but since you don't know me, I will tell you this, I'm NOT AN IDIOT, IN FACT I AM GOING TO GRADUATE TOP 10% OF MY CLASS, UNLIKE YOU, WHO WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO GRADUATE LAST...
And another thing, you don't need to be sensitive about what people say about these games, My friend who told me about this website told me that it was a web site in which I could voice my opinion about the games, but I guess not (BUTCHERING THE 1ST AMENDMENT ARE WE???)... If anyone needs to be taking any kind of pills, ITS YOU, YOU NEED TO BE THE ONE TAKING CHILL PILLS AND PLEASE DON'T BE SO SENSITIVE.... You might get your feelings hurt, because the PLAIN SIMPLE TRUTH IS: NOT everyone feels the same way you do... About both games.... Some people prefer the easy and relaxing feeling of playing a game they all ready know how to play, and others prefer exploration, into an unknown strange game (ts3). Not everyone will jump ship to ts3, I know that, and i thank those who don't....
(P.S PADEN, THIS MESSAGE WAS NOT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS, BUT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE BEING CALLED AN IDIOT.... SO I HOPE THIS MESSAGE INFORMED YOU ABOUT MY FEELINGS, AND I HOPE I DIDN'T HURT YOURS)
(P.s, to the other ADMIN people, THANK YOU, for not being RUDE to me, and yes, I will start using correct English, and NOT typing in caps, unless there is something to shout about....)   Wink
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:35:06 pm by Paden » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: