Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:10:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: reading children to sleep?  (Read 8314 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:47:14 pm »

i was browsing snooty sims (no idea why), and i saw there was some sort of option to read children to sleep? the thread is here: http://snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28532 but squinge i was wondering if you could look into it? people are saying that when they try the option it doesn't work, but sims do it autonomously. do you think the interaction could be enabled?
thank you in advance. i have all expansions and stuff packs. mansion & garden stuff is my latest game.

edit!!: i hope it's okay to add an additional request. or instead, if my 'reading children to sleep' request doesn't work.
i was watching an old sims 2 nightlife producer walkthrough, and i noticed that the 'hit on' interaction was enabled on every sim, unconditionally. just as a separate action. (they took that out, obviously) as i know there is ACR, and 'hit on' is in the flirt interactions, do you think you could try enabling it as a separate action, squinge? i would really appreciate it. you don't have to do both requests, if it's too much trouble. i know that you do have other requests to fulfill. you are a good man though, squinge.
i thank you in advance for anything you can do for me.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:40:38 am by JacobM » Logged
rosesforme17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:18 am »

If I remember right, to read kids to sleep, the child has to be "sleeping," then you click on him/her and choose read to sleep. You also have to make sure that there is room on the side of the bed for the parent to sit.

Edit: I just double checked, I guess I remembered it right. Anyway, direct your child to sleep. Once the child has lay down, direct the teen, YA, adult or elder to read the child to sleep by clicking on the child. The sim will sit on the floor near the bed and start reading a book. I haven't seen this autonomously but the interaction is available, if you have the right expansion.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:32:15 am by rosesforme17 » Logged

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:16:27 am »

I've never had a sim do this autonomously but I have directed parents to read to their kids. And teens can read their younger siblings to sleep, too. If the parent or teen sibling is close by and you're quick, have the parent/teen click on the child just after the kid got into bed and the option should appear. But the kid has to be in bed first and I think it has to be fairly soon after the kid gets into bed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:26:26 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:19:46 am »

I definitely remembered one of my Sims autonomously going to a bookcase to pull out a book and heading off to one of the sleeping children's bedrooms to sit down and read the book to the sleeping child. Except that the child was a teen..

Anyway, I think the option is available on the bookcase soon after the child goes to sleep if I'm not mistaken.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:30:58 pm »

oh, alright. i knew the interaction was there, just not how to initiate it. thank you, all.
this board can be locked now, i guess.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:03:19 pm »

Actually, we do want to make sure you can get the option to show up on either the Sim or the bookcase and read to the sleeping child first.

If it is a request to make the option available anytime, then yeah Mr Squinge might do it. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:34:48 am »

i think that sounds good, actually. i think that's what i was trying to ask for. if he can do that, i would really appreciate it.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 05:03:02 pm »

I just checked & I don't see a read to sleep option my guess is that they were doing the read to option just before the child went to bed.

edit: For the hit on all sims can do that if the relationship score is high enough.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:29 pm »

i know, but i mean hit on regardless of relationship score. sort of to test the waters. like if a sim is attracted to another sim, they do 'hit on' and if the action is accepted, they both are attracted to each other. i don't know, just a thought. 'hit on' would be completely separate from the 'flirt...' category.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:14:35 pm »

I could make hit on always available but it would still be under flirt.../hit on

If you have a question about my mods post it here
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 02:11:47 am »

so making it as a separate action wouldn't be possible? just making it always available will be good, too. i'm appreciative for whatever you can do.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:48:44 am »

I thought it was the interaction to read kids to sleep, not Hit On.. Where did that come from anyway?

Dancing Squirrels
rosesforme17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 10:37:12 am »

A second request was added to the first post Chaavik.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 09:54:45 pm »

Ah okay! That was where it came from. I only saw one request originally and assumed it was for making the option available at all times to read the kids to sleep.  Cheesy

Dancing Squirrels
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 01:04:37 am »

yeah. i just added a request. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: