Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:53:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop for Sims2 Gaming  (Read 2934 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Actron

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:34 am »

I currently have Sims2, University and Nightlife, plus about 1.8gb of Custom content (mainly cars) and as a result my PC has slowed to 5-6 minutes to load a household. If I get a new machine I would prefer a laptop for portability and ease of use.

My question is weither the following machine would be able to play my current games, plus more expansion packs in the future (got my eye on a few more). Laptop Link. I ideally cannot spend much more than this.

Thanks.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:19:30 pm »

It should be fine.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:50:40 pm »

Respectfully disagree.

The specs of the laptop should just barely handle the EPs the original poster already has; even then it may be laggy and monitoring heat during play would be recommended. (Both the 2.1gHz processor and the Intel 4500 graphics chip don't meet EA's posted minmum requirements, but the game should still be playable and run a bit better if played with lowered settings.) As it is running Vista (which will gobble up about half of the RAM) and has the basic Intel 4500 chipset for graphics, any further EPs may be too much for the machine to efficiently process - BV, FT AL and M&G almost surely would be out of the question.

As far ar the existing PC's lag when loading lots:

Try turning off reflections in graphics options.
If you have Murano's reflective walls/floors in your custom content, get rid of them.

Either or both of those can be a cause of major lag. Another cause of lag could be having more than 8 Sims on a lot via a mod.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:05:09 pm by rwills » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: