Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 02:56:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice skating  (Read 13207 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mur

"He's Watching You"

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 06:14:29 pm »

I have seasons and my sims alway want to go ice skating,is there a mod,or someone who can make one, that would allow my sims to skate on their ponds at home.I dont like the skating rink you can buy,it just doesn't look good on my lots.

"COMING FROM WHERE I'VE NEVER BEEN,HEADING TO WHERE I'M NEVER GOING"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »

well... there's this. Don't know if it helps though.

And I know there was an invisible skating rink somewhere. Probably here at insim, or at MTS2.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:10 am »

There used to be an ice skating pond, which was made by LeeLovesAud. Preview here. There was also a version with a snowman. But it has been deleted from MTS by the creator. I found the creator on Elite Sim Builders but there is nothing in their creator section. Perhaps this post will jog someone's memory and they might be able to share it with you. Unfortunately I no longer have the files so cannot send them to you.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 06:02:09 am »

I have the pond without snowman if you want.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:39:23 am »

Double-check to make sure you know the original creator's policy about uploading mods or objects on other sites. If the creator did not want their work to be uploaded anywhere, then that wish has to be respected. Otherwise, upload to your own file sharing service and link it to share with other people.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:42:10 am »

Thank you for the advice Chaavik but I would not post anyone's work anywhere.  It sounded as if the file was no longer available at the site (I got the file myself there not that long ago I think) so as Engram suggested I would have sent it in an email, as a favour sort of thing.  I am off now to check their policy, to see if emailing said file to someone is ok.

edit:  All their stuff has gone from ESB and MTS and I can find no info on their TOU, I'll have to check the rar/zip, which I should still have, once I go back to my gaming computer, to see if there's anything in there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:54:41 am by ladymiriam » Logged

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 02:27:48 pm »

I would be interested because I am one of those people looking for a type of pond for my Sims to skate on. If there is no creator policy or ToU included with the file you downloaded, ask one of the admins for permission to upload the file here. Either that, or host it on a file sharing site.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 02:40:02 pm »

It's doesn't look like LeeLovesAud has been active on MTS since August of last year. If there is no TOU in the rar file or anywhere else, I have no problem with you uploading it to a file sharing service and linking to it here as long as you give full credit to LeeLovesAud. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 03:27:26 pm »

Right, ok. I do still have the rar but I've no experience of file sharing sites so I'll look into it and let you know.  Are you sure I won't be upsetting anyone by doing that?  There's nothing in the rar about usage.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 03:35:04 pm »

Most people who do not want their stuff shared at all put a TOU in the file as well, to make sure the information is there. The graveyard shares the work of retired/MIA artists all the time and has done so for years with few problems. If LeeLovesAud sees it and has an issue, we'll remove it. Easy. Smiley Filesharing sites are pretty simple and work in a similar way to photobucket and whatnot, except it's primary use is for sharing files, not photos. You find a site you like (most use mediafire), upload the file from your computer and share the file link. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 09:04:48 am »

Hello again,
The file is at this address
http://www.mediafire.com/?dajynvhln3u or http://www.mediafire.com/file/dajynvhln3u/IceSkatersPondnosnowman.rar
I don't know what the difference is.  I've never uploaded anything anywhere before so I hope one of them works.  I obviously take no credit for this file, see the above.
I didn't edit anything on the Mediafire page (don't know how to yet, just saw the option) , should I have even when the only link will be from this thread? 
Anyway, enjoy the work of Leeluvsaud.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 09:32:36 am »

Both links point to the same file, so it is a matter of choosing one link method over the other link method to post the links to the forums.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 04:11:34 pm »

There's an invisible version of the ice skating rink too, by Corvidophile. Was at MTS2, but now it's here

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mur

"He's Watching You"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 09:33:45 pm »

Thank you very much for the file ,but how do i get it to me,please help.

"COMING FROM WHERE I'VE NEVER BEEN,HEADING TO WHERE I'M NEVER GOING"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 09:37:01 pm »

Click on the link to download the ice rink and install it into the Downloads folder for Sims 2.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: