Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:40:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pregnancy no/less motive decay hack?  (Read 4867 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:04:05 am »

i'd like a mod to make my game easier. i'm requesting that pregnant sims have no and/or possibly less motive decay during pregnancy. maybe it'll help my pregnant sims NOT starve to death every time they get knocked up.  Explode
thanks, to anybody that can do this. or if it was possibly already done? though i've never seen it.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 07:00:14 pm »

1. Learn to look after your sims Wink I've never had a pregnant sim die of hunger or anything else except when I first started playing the game. The first TS2 sim I ever played was Brandi Broke and when she died I vowed that I would learn how to look after pregnant sims. I haven't had even one pregnant sim die from hunger since. I've had a pregnant sim look after 1 infant and twin toddlers at the same time and not die. It's not easy, but it's doable.

2. Debug mode. Just drag the hunger motive up as needed.

3. Temporarily place Inge's Motive Defender on the lot http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Feeling.htm

4. Use the Sim Blender to adjust the sim's hunger motive http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,20.0.html This is the same as using debug mode, really, but requires extra clicking.

5. Merola's Multipainting: http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/MultiPainting.htm

6. Merola's Multipainting single tile: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Feeling_MerolaPainting.htm

And you might want to state your newest EP/SP so that if anyone actually decides to make this, they know what version of the game they're making it for.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »

you can also use the cheat "maxmotives", and the motive adjuster from the insimenator mod.

I've got a "play around, raise children, and just have fun without worrying about having cute babies" family right now (aka. only maxis sims). Started with the two AL sisters - made them good/evil witch, coupled them with maxis passers-by, and made them good/evil wizards too. So far they've got three teens (two are twins), one child, one toddler and possibly one baby, if my memory is correct. It's a long time since the last time I did that, and it really is fun to do it again. And so far all the children are learning all the toddler skills, plus most of the other skills before they reach university age. I'm impatient, so I do admit I use motive cheats and the debug cheat... but it's fun anyway Smiley

the best? They don't have to cook, go to the toilet, sleep, or any other "unneccessary" stuff - even though they're pregnant. One of the sims has the cooking skill maxed, but still burns food - so I think this is the best way to do it. I got tired with keeping up the motives already at sims 1. So despite at least three fires, four or five pregnancies, one hit by lightning, ten or so alien abductions... they're all still alive thanks to a couple of cheats Cheesy
But I only use the smartmilk for the toddler skills... (the parents has all skills maxed out, and have all managed their lifetime aspiration too!)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 06:41:20 am »

that is weird.. i have no memory of making this request. i really hope it wasn't just a few days ago. i must've been sleeping or something. must be something wrong with me, hmm.
anyways, uhh.
thank you guys for the information and links. i know it is not impossible to play pregnant sims, it is hard. but i'd just like the motive decay to be lessened so that i DON'T have to play them or worry about them much.
thank you both.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:12:53 am »

The other request is right there in this section, identical to this one.

Anyway, you didn't mention which motive bothers you the most about the pregnant Sim. Can you tell us more exactly which motives are troublesome?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »

As theraven has said already, there's the cheat maxmotives.  There's also motivedecay.  From the FAQ in the help section:
maxMotives (for all sims on lot)
Maxes the motive bars of all Sims currently on the lot. (Controllable
and uncontrollable).

motiveDecay [on/off] (for all sims on lot)
Stops/Starts motive decay.

With those cheats available and all the various motive adjusters out there already, why not use one of them?  Personally I see no reason for such a mod with other mods such as Insim, Blender, the Flamingo.  Or why not play the game interactively where you watch the motives of the household you are playing and make sure they don't reach that critical stage?  Learn to play the game rather than leaning on mods to you can have a Barbie and Ken sims.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:45 am »

hm, alright. those are some good ideas. they aren't that much of a pain in the ass to play, i just thought it would be convenient.
the needs in particular are just hunger and energy.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 11:44:26 am »

Okay, I thought it would be the Bladder motive because that is one motive I thought was decaying too fast for a pregnant Sim. If that was the case, there are a couple mods down in Squinge's section for AL. They also worked with MG.

Well, you can either use the cheat or the mod however it suit your play style. If you still want a mod made to handle the Hunger and Energy motives, let us know, and list your latest EP in case someone swings by and decides to take a stab at this request.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: