Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:48:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Sims 2 Kid-Safe  (Read 8068 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
harshrealm

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:41:08 pm »

I would like to request a mod to make Sims 2 Kid-Safe.  I would like to have all the woohoo, try for baby and make out options removed.  With an object or kiss for pregnancy (if possible a chance for random pregnancy).  I've used Child's Play but it hasn't been updated for all EPs.

P.S.  Hope this is right I've never posted before.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 04:00:42 pm »

There are objects in the insimenator or Sim Blender that cause pregnancy. But as far as taking away the woohoo or try for baby options, I don't think it can be done. It has been requested before and it was never done. Some things are just programmed into the game, like the ability for same gender couples. If you want a totally child-safe game, I wouldn't choose Sims 2. It is very PG 13 or under, but if you want something strictly for children, I don't suggest the sims.

I could be wrong though.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
AnakhaSilver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 04:05:59 pm »

1. Sims 2 is rated T for a reason. Id you don't want this, but a safe version, try Virtual Families from Yahoo's Games list.

2. Depending on the age of the kids, they already know what making out is and that sex can lead to pregnancy, and that some couples will "try for a baby." Why give them a completely unrealistic example by giving an object for kissing and pregnancy?
harshrealm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 05:31:12 pm »

Child's Play by Jeff Travers at sims2living removes woohoo, make out and try for baby option for up to Seasons.  And it gives you a pink flamingo with the option for your female sim Have Baby with spouse.  But he hasn't updated it for the later EP's yet.  I was just wondering if someone could make a similer mod for all EP's.  I myself enjoy the innocience of playing Sims 2 this way.  It is not only for my younger sibblings but for me also. Smiley
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

Why not just ask over there for the mod to be updated? Modders will usually refuse to update another modder's hacks unless the other one has left the community and usually left permission for people to update their stuff. If a mod already exists and the modder is still around, it is usually best to ask them to update rather than ask somebody else to do it or to reinvent the wheel.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 06:47:45 pm »

Exactly, Engram. That's what I was going to suggest, but you beat me to it. We won't take on another modder's work to update it unless we have specific permission from said modder. You're best bet is to go to the source and ask them if they would consider updating their mod. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mur

"He's Watching You"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 10:28:00 pm »

The best thing if your children are under 13,don't let them play sims2 on your PC{Depending on how much they know about the internet ,under18}Because the sims can become extremly ADULT RATED,depending on where you go.

"COMING FROM WHERE I'VE NEVER BEEN,HEADING TO WHERE I'M NEVER GOING"
harshrealm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 10:32:39 am »

I requested an update over a year ago (probably around two years ago) and he did update it for Seasons.  But he hasn't had time to update it any farther so I thought I'd post a request here and see if anything came of it.  That way he wouldn't have to worry about it.  And I'd really like the chance for random pregnancy. Cheesy  But if no one has time to help I can wait and just install up to Seasons on my little brother's computer.  But it would be most appreciated if some one could do it. Smiley
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:40 am »

Like it's been said, no one here is going to update that mod without the express permission of the person that made it in the first place. Your best bet would be to go back and refresh your original request.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 11:50:24 am »

Harshrealm, it's not a matter of time or ability, it's a matter of ethics. We can't and won't take someone else's mod, update it/change it and redistribute (even if it's to just one person) without permission from the original creator. I said this quite clearly right here:

Exactly, Engram. That's what I was going to suggest, but you beat me to it. We won't take on another modder's work to update it unless we have specific permission from said modder. You're best bet is to go to the source and ask them if they would consider updating their mod. Smiley

Taken from their TOU:

All files available from Sims2Living.com, past and present, MAY NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED under any circumstances or by any method without the express written consent of the management of Sims2Living.

They also go on to say the following:

If a violation of these terms is encountered, your access to Sims2Living will be withheld. If another website posts our content without prior permission, in doing so that website will be waving the redistribution rights of their own content.

So, in as plain a way as I can say it, no we won't update his mod.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
harshrealm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 12:27:35 pm »

I was not trying to imply that sme one sould modify his mod but I came here to request a new one.  I am not disatified with his I just thought that after two years maybe I should ask someone else to make a similer mod. Smiley  It may be that he will update it later I'm just not sure.  Sorry for the misconception, I am not at all trying to ask anyone to break any rules or laws.  I just would really like a mod for all EP's.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:19 pm »

If a mod is already available that meets your needs, but for the wrong EP, it would be easier to update that mod rather than start from scratch.  Your best bet would be to ask him to update it.  If he declines because he's no longer involved in TS2, say so.  Some modder may consider requesting permission to update it then.  Looking through his web page though I see he recently made some updates indicating a change of format by the end of last month.  Since those changes weren't made, he's probably tied up with RL, not withdrawn from the community.
harshrealm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 11:45:36 am »

*sigh* I suppose I will just have to wait.  Thank you all for your time, and sorry to hassle you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: