Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:50:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i recolor more than one object?  (Read 2295 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mikkisweet71

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the Sims 3. I love the new decoration system. It's bringing out a creative side I didn't know I had. The only problem I have is how do you apply patterns to more than one item in the room. For example the kitchen, how do you color four chairs instead of coloring them one at a time which is getting on my nerves. Please somebody help me.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 08:44:43 pm »

As far as I know you can only do it one chair at a time.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:58:56 pm »

Actually you can do this the easy way:

Decorate one of your items like a chair for example, and then save the new chair as a new chair in the window where you can see other chairs. Then use the new chair to make more for a dining room.

You can also use the eyedropper (near the palette) to clone the chair you just decorated. The eyedropper will pick up the new chair and create more for you where you want to put them. The idea is similar to Sims 2.

But no, there is no other way to recolor the same group of chairs at the same time, but the eyedropper is close enough to almost do the task.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »

I actually recolour one chair, then just use the eyedropper tool to clone it Smiley I meant to say that in my last post, but humidity has eaten my brain. Tongue

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 12:03:38 am »

There is acctually a pull tab(where the choosen colors are) and you just pull that tab to what every objects you want to match(the object will become highlighted or glow). Next time I play, I will take a picture of the tab and post it so you all know what Im talking about. But that is the easiest ways to make matching decor, but be forwarned its not perfect, tables will look like the seats, the bookshelves will look like wallpaper.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: