Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:04:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 214
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently doing (besides being here)?  (Read 1211977 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1980 on: June 19, 2011, 12:31:44 am »

Seatbelts are lifesavers, so it's probably not a bad idea to teach her when she's little Wink

I've actually been in a car that turned on its head. It was a controlled stand with the car on a "spit", to show us the effects of what exactly the seatbelt does, but even so... it's one of the reasons I'm always using a seatbelt and why I now also make sure it sits where it is supposed to sit.
I've seen quite a lot of the British "drive safely" commercials which shows a lot of the effects of driving too fast, not looking, not wearing a seatbelt, and collisions where that one person who does not wear a seatbelt kills everyone who does wear one. It's crazy how a few small things - like 10 mph less speed, or wearing a seatbelt correctly - can help save your life.

Currently trying to finish up the next LFB chapter pictures - but for some reason I just find myself doing other things.. for several days now.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 19, 2011, 03:43:39 am »

Seatbelts? Aaah....I don't know. I always wear one when I'm out,because the cops never stop coming out,but I don't know...I don't find them to be useful,but maybe that's just me? My Brother's cousin died in an accident,and he was wearing his seatbelt..it's actually confusing to me. *SMH*

Currently contimplating on taking this vacation to California...I'm not so sure about it. I've been really stressed lately,and I don't feel like going all the way to California for nothing really..but the good thing is, I get to go home on the 25th! Yeeessss! Lol. Also trying to learn how to become better at photo editing....

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1982 on: June 19, 2011, 03:58:48 am »

Seatbelts makes a huge difference in collisions. If you collide in more than 50 mph, you're lucky to be alive no matter if you use a seatbelt or not (Here's Mythbusters testing head-on collisions in 50 and 100 mph - that's just the damages to the cars, so just imagine the damages to the people inside...).

With a seatbelt you have a much better chance of surviving, but it's not absolutely certain you'll survive. It depends on the type of crash (side/front/behind...) and quite a lot on the speed, but there are also other factors.

Without a seatbelt, you're going to catapult out of your seat, and you're most likely doomed to die, or at least get severe damages, and because of the pinball effect you'll cause you could also risk to kill other people in the car who actually are using a seatbelt. So it's not only for your own safety, but also for the others in the car.

Saying that you won't die or get hurt in a collision when wearing a seatbelt is much like saying that you won't get cancer if you don't smoke. Of course there is a lower risk, but there are other causes for cancer, and some people get cancer whether they smoke or not. If you do smoke (or don't wear a seatbelt), the risk is higher, and you know it yourself. So if you get cancer (or die in a car crash because you're catapulted through the window), it's partly your own fault.    

Some people seem to think that "I don't need to wear a seatbelt because the airbag will save me". That's so not true. Without the seatbelt to stop the motion forward, the airbag will most likely kill you - and not cushion the motion, like it's supposed to do. They're designed to be used together, for the best protection.
Using a seatbelt wrong (like putting the hip belt over your belly instead of over your hips, or the chest belt under your arm, or if it's not tightened properly) could very well cause you damage, too. That's why pregnant women should never put the hip belt over their bellies (but be sure to put it over the hips, of course), because it could cause damage not only to the mother but also to the baby. For non-pregnant people it could cause internal damages (but not to the degree you'll get if you don't wear the belt).

So there is a very good reason the cops are after you if you don't use the seat belt Wink

The only times I don't wear seatbelts are on short bus trips in my home town (low speeds, and there usually aren't seatbelts in the buses - which bugs me a little). I didn't before, but now I try to always use a seatbelt when on a bus that has them. It could save my life one day... I just wish they could get proper 3-point belts in the long distance buses instead of hip belts, as they're much safer...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:49:15 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 19, 2011, 05:08:06 am »

Damn.....never mind then! Phew! Thanks for all the info Theraven Smiley

It skill confuses me though,because I'm positive that he was behind a trunk when he passed. I'm not sure his cause of death though,although I'm also sure he was drinking? I think that was the case as well. Maybe I'm just not educated on it enough,he could have died from a coma,severe injuries,etc....but Thank You for taking the time to correct me on that .Wink

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1984 on: June 19, 2011, 06:10:27 am »

Drinking and driving just don't go together...

Truck versus car... I guess it depends on the size of the truck - but the biggest of them usually wins. I'll let Mythbusters show that one.  

People don't always die instantly in a car crash. Head traumas (the coma is only a sign of damage, so it's not the coma itself but rather the damages to the brain that you die of), internal damages (crush injuries to the heart, ruptured aorta, punctured or collapsed lungs, internal bleeding from anywhere, spleen or liver rupture, kidney damages, internal crush damages, severe damages to limbs that rips holes in veins or arteries... and the list goes on), broken neck (if you break your neck over C4 level, you're at great risk of dying almost instantly if it gets out of position, because that's where the nerve to the diaphragm muscle go - and without it working, you can't breathe on your own. Damage this, and you'll need a ventilator for the rest of your life - if you live long enough to get to a hospital, that is), and quite a lot of other things could very well lead to death. That's just the worst of it. Influence of alcohol could also be an indirect cause to death for the driver who is responsible - not only the direct cause of the crash. The body heals much slower the time it takes for the liver to process alcohol. Yet another reason for not drinking and driving...  

Traumatology is quite interesting. Maybe I should do some of my schoolwork regarding it... Then again, I want to enjoy the only vacation I get this summer  Undecided.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:26:03 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1985 on: June 19, 2011, 06:41:18 am »

About to upload a few t-shirts... I think I got it right this time. Savedsims files. We'll see I suppose.

Find me on moonlight <3
Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:53 am »

Geez, I need to look this up some more! I'm not sure if he passed away instantly or not, I'd say so,but I can't be too sure. My Brother went through the same thing. And I'm sure it happened instantly. :/

I can't say much about what happened with my Brother's cousin,because I don't know much. But I have known too many people have who 'left' because of car accidents..it's hard to believe. But for the longest time I've never known much about accidents. But at least now I understand a little bit more about seatbelts. Smiley

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1987 on: June 19, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »

Last weekend my cat mauled my legs and he actually cut into my muscles. My family is here and they keep saying I'm being a wimp and I'm being grumpy. It's really irritating. Is it really my fault that I can't walk or lift things and I don't feel like doing anything but sitting on the couch? :/

Other than that, I'm looking up music on youtube... Homeboy, by Eric Church btw (:

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1988 on: June 19, 2011, 03:09:14 pm »

Banning Blowing up spambots that lurks around the site... which I've been doing most of the day.

And editing LFB (chapter 66 and possibly 67, and a bit of 68), which is finally coming together after weeks of poking it and hoping it would finish itself... Also trying to take pictures for it, but so far I've had the game up for three or four days and I still haven't done a single picture other than the ones I did last weekend...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:14:59 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 19, 2011, 03:33:11 pm »

Just got back from the cemetery. :(And it turns out I'm going home early tonight...forget this business trip. Gaah...

Is anybody else living in a heat box right now? Geez,it's been so hot lately....I'm just praying for rain! My hair is sticking to my forehead. Sad

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: June 19, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

Here it's just raining. Thought I heard some thunder earlier. It's pleasantly cool in my room for once, as I've had my window open all day.

It has been hot a few days, but not anywhere near heatwave-hot.
I'm just happy, as I'm not very fond of heat. Over 25 degrees C I'm already having serious troubles. 30 degrees or more, and I don't set a foot outside the door unless I have to, and gulp down ice water or ice cream until my brain almost freezes...

My site:

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 19, 2011, 03:45:10 pm »

It's supposed to rain this week in Texas. Haha, whatever. It has seldom rained this year. My yard and plants are withered away.

I love the shirts, Katie. By the way, congrats on the 2000 posts. That is amazing Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: June 19, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »

You can get our rain clouds... If you somehow manage to get them over there.

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: June 19, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

I didn't even notice that before! !! !! Thanks fatedicewolf! Smiley

If you can see the magic in a fairytale, you can face the future.

Find me on moonlight <3
Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »

Just got back home...it was quicker than I expected this time....FINALLY!!

Currently talking to Cleverbot..this is entertaining!! Someone should try it. Lol. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 214
  Print  

Jump to: