Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:02:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims2 on Windows 7?  (Read 5013 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Actron

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:16:54 pm »

Am looking at buying a new machine in the near future, now a lot are offering bundles including Windows 7, now I know it blows Vista out of the water (am on XP here and really dislike Vista). The question is will the game and expansion packs run ok on Windows 7?
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:50:14 am »

The only way to truly know the answer to this question is to wait until Windows 7 actually comes out.
Theoretically, the Sims 2 will work on it. (Key word is theoretically, there could possibly be compatibility issues that can, will, and should be resolved.)
satan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:59:10 am »

word. you never know. i remember assuming that sims 1 would work on vista and being sorely disappointed when i had to run it in administrater mode and having to suffer through crash after crash. luckily sims 2 worked fine once i got my discs back, but that made me very angry at the time. of course, that was during the very early days of vista. with windows 7 who knows? i will say this vista eventually got over most of its issues, so even if windows 7 has issues at first they'll probably fix it eventually. the only question would be when.
saowens
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:08:24 am »

You could always set up a dual boot machine with XP and Windows 7. That way if it doesn't work on 7 you would still be able to play it on Windows XP
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:53 pm »

AncientHighway discussed Sims 2 and Windows 7 in this thread at Simbology. He said that Sims 2 works very nicely on Windows 7 as well as the EPs he installed one at a time. SimPE ran on Windows 7 as well.

I don't think you have to register to view the thread, but I could be wrong because I am a member there and went to grab the link to that thread about Sims 2 and Windows 7.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 03:30:04 pm »

You need to be a member to view it Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 12:50:53 pm »

Now I'm not a computer tech by any standard, BUT , I do know that Windows 7 professional comes with an xp mode.  Meaning any xp formats can be ran on it.  Its a nice little feature, that isn't that much more expensive.  (atleast not where we found it)  We (my husband and I) are waiting on 2 new pc's as I speak, after 7yrs it was time for an update.  So anyone concerned about installing any sims 2 game or older pc games might want to look into the Windows 7 professional package, just incase *like Vista, you find a few issues.  If I'm incorrect in this please let me know, I'm quoting my husbands research on this.

cheers   Coffee2

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: