Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:13:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: TSR INSTALLS SPYWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER!  (Read 18221 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:39:20 pm »

We bring you the shocking news of the latest TSR atrocity: SPYWARE AND VIRII!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so have at it.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:47:57 pm »

Well colour me surprised. (Not)  rolleyes

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:31 pm »

I do believe that sort of practice is illegal, if so by putting their name on the thing that could be used as evidence in a prosecution.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:06:54 pm »

Careful on that... you may be accused by particular people *coughDOTcoughhack* for photo-editing their name on stuff like they did poor coconut.  Of course, we all know how silly that notion is, though.  Tongue

Either way, the fact that their program phones home and tries to run something suspicious on people's computers isn't as surprising to me.  Nothing about their shenanigans surprises me anymore, just like the fact that Peggy broke WesH's conditions on using his Sims 3 tools for the sake of making pay items doesn't. To me, it all seems like a big merry-go-round, experiencing the same things from before.   rolleyes   

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:55:58 pm »

I highly doubt if our colleges at TSR. will be making any noise about it. What they have done there is committed an offence and if taken to court can be prosecuted.
This action is no different than that by done EA. with their inclusion of securom in their software for which they were taken to court.
If a person unknowingly  installs that sort of file which is included and hidden in another file on their pc. then if one can trace the thing to its origin one can take them to court.
The people at TSR. must have had a round of dumb sandwiches for breakfast to put their name on the crap.
mrnapolean1
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:25 am »

woha!! shocked

just got done clearing 26 viruses off my computer and i  dont want to clear off another one.

wont be visiting that website anymore!!! Wink
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:29:33 am »

even thier ads contain Virus/Exploit's. Was on the site today(before seeing this) and got a hit from thier google ads for an exploit from a file Pdfjsc.AV.
ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 07:47:55 am »

That's insane!
Not much of a surprise, admittedly, but still that spells bad news bears for TSR.

I don't think that EA's Securom would be on the same wavelength as this atrocity, as EA's intentions were to eliminate piracy (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not much of a Simmer these days Smiley ), whereas this is just theft on its own. (again, citation needed Wink )

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 07:52:51 am »

The good news is that some sims 3 CC. is already available on the booty. Business as usual one would presume.
saowens
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 10:04:11 am »

Careful on that... you may be accused by particular people *coughDOTcoughhack* for photo-editing their name on stuff like they did poor coconut.    

Nope. I did the slide test on the pictures. They are authentic.

I am so shocked to hear T$R is handing out a virus. Shocked I say....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:24:04 pm by Zordac » Logged
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »

I'm not shocked at anything T$R does anymore. I wonder what excuse they'll try to come up woth to worm their way out of this one

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 02:33:12 pm »

Careful on that... you may be accused by particular people *coughDOTcoughhack* for photo-editing their name on stuff like they did poor coconut.    

I know what you mean... but with the way I put it, it was just a pretty bad way to show it was a joke.  Those who know how the forementioned are like with screenshots and their "tutorials" on how to spot "fakes" would know what I'm getting at.  Grin

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 06:00:36 pm »

Slide tested the pics as well, and I can confirm with my good buddy Zordac that they're authentic, as is T$R authentic for their gastronomical FAIL. If anyone still DL's anything from that site, they are truly ignorant. Might come off as harsh, but someone's gotta say it...may as well be me. Here's definitive proof that their tools install Spyware to your PC, yet I'll bet my next paycheck that people will still flock their in droves to get their content. Gluttons for punishment? Yea...I'd say so. I've long since deleted my T$R account since the last incident involving their questionable protocols, so much like everyone else has posted, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 06:35:58 pm »

Just as a putting it straight, we are in no way, shape or form, colleagues with TSR, Peggy or any other pay site. This is a free site and the people here have a bunch of things they don't have. Things like integrity. Honesty. TALENT.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 02:13:42 am »

So typically TSR, I am so glad I left them Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: