Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:44:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF (if it exists!)  (Read 2080 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
invaderzim

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:43:48 pm »

I was wondering if there's a program that enables us to create our own Townies and NPC's?
I would love to be able to create my own, and not be stuck with Goopy and the gang!
If there is such a thing, where can I grab it?!

Thanks!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »

It can be done via cheats (Nightlife req., I believe):

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then shift-click on the mailbox and choose Spawn--Townie & NPC Maker

(Haven't tried this in a long, long time, so it may be shift-click on a Sim rather than on the mailbox -- should be obvious by the options that come up when you shift-click.)

Or you can try this object which you can place on a lot and which does the same thing and doesn't require entering the cheat mode:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=216865

Note: It can take the game quite a while (several minutes in real-world time) to fully generate the new character, so don't be put off or assume anything is broken if it seems that nothing is happening after initiating the Create option.

Also keep in mind that the more total characters in a 'hood, the slower the 'hood will load.

Or you could just create Sims and use Insimenator's options on them to "Make Me A Townie/Downtownie/NPC".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:35:41 pm by rwills » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »

I think the OP meant, that they wanted a mod to where they can create their own townies via by some other outside program, but I could be wrong..
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »

There is no "outside program" that will create townies. I suppose you could use SimPE to alter a sim's "family" and put them into the townie family, but I have absolutely no idea what that will do so I would recomment against it unless you are very brave and don't mind if the hood blows up.

The best way I have found is to make a batch of sims yourself, using either your own sims or downloaded ones. You make a household of 8 unrelated sims, then move them onto an empty lot. Place Inge's Teleporter Shrub or Teleporter Cat (if you have Pets or above installed) on the lot. Pause the game and have each sim click on the shrub/cat and select Make Me a Townie or Make Me a Downtownie. Then you un-pause and then save and exit to neighobourhood. Rinse and repeat for next batch of sims. If you want to make teen and child townies, you will need to have them related to at least one adult in the household group. It is easiest to make all the teens/children related to just the one adult in the group, then use SimPE to sever family ties outside the game. I think the InSimenator and/or the Sim Blender can also do this in-game but I don't use either so cannot tell you how to do that. You need to sever the family ties for teens and children so that as you play and marry townies into your family (assuming you have FT and can age them up with your playables) their offspring can later romance other aged up teens and children and not show that they are cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. In the game none of the townies are actually related to one another, even if they have the same surname (eg. there is a Maxis teen townie with the surname Centowski and a policeman by the same name, but they are not related). There could be a hack that takes away the need to have teens and children related to an adult but I have no clue where to find it other than I would probably start at MATY.

ETA: Forgot to add a link to Inge's teleporters, which can be found here.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
invaderzim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:46:26 am »

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
rwills, I tried the object you pointed me towards, but for future reference all it does it crash the game. I read the comments and it happens to just about everyone that tries it. I haven't tried the boolprop cheat yet.
SimGirl, you're right, that's what I was asking about. I didn't know if there was such a thing.
Engram, I did download the teleporter you suggested and I'll give that shot too.
Thanks again all of you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: