Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:52:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats AS A RUG  (Read 3023 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jupiterwrath

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »

Could it be possible for anyone to just extract the object mesh and colours that are used for the fence found in TS2-Pets, "The Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats". If you can, try to convert them to placeable objects rather than fences that are built using click & drag. I want the new object form of these to be made as a rug, since rugs are decoration and so that it doesn't block or interfere with anything. Rugs can be placed anywhere and wont interfere with any objects or the path of Sims, so that's the most important thing.

ALSO, if the can be made so that these are 1x1 tiles, and also the diagonal version is included. I also request that the divide is in on the edge of the tile so that it can cover the edges of carpets and tiles, rather like the original "Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats"

These would probably be more useful objects than most as they can be applied to many scenarios such as:
> placing them against the wall where an archway exists to separate two rooms such as one with tiles and the other with carpet, all the while, neither the carpet or tiles would go into the other rooms, yet still apear separated..
> placing them under objects like the oven or windows which usually require walls to be a certain distance away.

> using them instead of original dividers in 'Apartment Life' so that the 'Out of Bounds' error wont occur. This is the most important use as I have made an apartment with a main room that's separated by "The Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats" so that the carpet and tiles dont look so bad against eachother. But when you play with the apartment, the area enclosed by "The Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats" is not considered part of the apartment and therefor is out of bounds.

Thanks!! This would be very useful!!!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:07:43 pm »

no offence, but wouldn't it be easier to request a hack so you can walk through that particular fence? Wink

No longer active
jupiterwrath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »

no offence, but wouldn't it be easier to request a hack so you can walk through that particular fence? Wink

Hehe, don't worry, none taken!

But that wont help at all in my case... see that particular 'fence' is like an inch tall, and sims DO already walk over it.. The problem is that because it's counted as a wall, any space confined by this 'wall' becomes a new room, and unless you have a door leading to that new space, apartment life will not recognise the space as being part of an apartment. Just look at this to see what I mean:

Part of Apartment Tutorial explaining why Divider or 'step over' fences wont work

I wanna be able to place a 'rug-like' object that mimics the apearance of the divide like the one above, but because its a rug, it doesnt function as a wall.

And here's an image of the situation that I'm having:

See the difference? I wann be able to have that same look with the Dividers, without them being wall-type objects (of course in all colours as some will look better with black, others with silver, and others with light wood dividers).
If these could become 'rug-like' objects that you place, they wouldnt function as walls and therefore, would not close off any spaces and therefore they'd look good and not obscure any apartments =D!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:16:27 pm by jupiterwrath » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: