Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:59:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bargain  (Read 4785 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Actron

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:49:31 pm »

I have been paitiently waiting till I get paid to buy some more Sims goodies (Currently have Uni and Nightlife), plan was to get OFB and Seasons, Just a quick look on amazon tonight and I found this Open For Business, £3.94, OFB for a fiver posted. Bargain! Well happy means I can order one early and then get seasons and perhaps another pack when I get piad. Love it Cheesy
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:36:10 pm »

Good catch ... and enjoy!

I suppose there is some merit to Sims 3 coming out ... you can get a much better deal on Sims 2 stuff now. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:52:13 pm by gazania » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »

Oh, yes! I got Uni at $20 at Wally World, and the other EP's were the same price.

Of course if Sims 3 is not as popular as Sims 2 was, the prices might go up a bit.

Actron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 04:23:27 am »

Just ordered Seasons and Open For Business for under £15 Delivered, really happy Cheesy

One question, Currently with Base, Uni and NL. Using the NL Disk still allows me to play Uni's extras as well. Which disk will I have to use to play all 4 EPs, or won't it make a difference?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:12:06 pm »

If you have Seasons in that list, that will be the disk you play from because it will be your most recent expansion pack. The list is as follows for the game:

Sims 2 Base Game
University
Night Life
Open For Business
Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Free Time
Apartment Life
Mansion and Gardens

Now, I only put in Mansion and Gardens because from what I'm told, it is a Stuff Pack which acts as an Expansion Pack. I have them in the order in which they were released, so yeah, you will be using the Seasons disk. I love that one, it's pure gold! I also stopped with that one, even though I do have the Bon Voyage EP, because of the whole SecuROM bruhaha which snared me when I installed it. Two reformats later, I don't have that any more nor do I have BV installed. I just got tired of fighting with the stupid thing...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Actron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 02:43:06 pm »

If you have Seasons in that list, that will be the disk you play from because it will be your most recent expansion pack. The list is as follows for the game:

Sims 2 Base Game
University
Night Life
Open For Business

Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Free Time
Apartment Life
Mansion and Gardens

Thank you Paden, the ones I have/ordered are in bold above, so it's a case of the last one will act to run all the others? If I was to stick the Uni disk in for example I'd only be able to use all the stuff from that pack and base game?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 07:22:09 pm »

Well, if you install those EPs in bold, you will be using the disc from the latest EP to run the game with. All the stuff that comes with those EPs you have will be found in game. Your Sims will still go to Uni, have weather and  be able to visit Downtown while you're using the Seasons disc to run the game with.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:59 am »

Oh, yes! I got Uni at $20 at Wally World, and the other EP's were the same price.

Of course if Sims 3 is not as popular as Sims 2 was, the prices might go up a bit.

Well, if you believe the news blurbs on certain sites, Sims 3 has already done better than Sims 2 did a couple of months after its release. This puzzles me greatly. Never mind the usual points ... the economy stinks. Must be more people with money out there than I thought. Smiley
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 01:01:53 pm »

From what I've read, Sims 3 base game started out a good twenty to thirty dollars higher in price from what the Sims 2 base game did, so that can explain why the profits were higher. Nothing like charging more for less, is there? Of course, I see this with many products like cookies, toothpaste and toilet tissue.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: