Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:41:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gender Change Hack  (Read 18915 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
revric

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:17:53 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has made a hack to change the gender of your Sim. It would be nice if the Sim would keep all their family and freind relationships. If there is such a hack, I would love a link. Thanks for looking.
By the way, I have Sims2 double deluxe if that helps in finding or making the hack.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34:01 am »

Insimenator has that option to change the gender of your Sim. The mod will work with what you currently have installed. Insimenator's feature is on the white vase I think. There will be instructions to using the mod to get the features you want to show up so you can tweak what you want.

One thing though about the option on Insimenator. The option to change gender of the Sim only makes the Sim behave as the opposite sex. The game will still recognize the Sim as still being the same sex. For example, if you change the sex of the female Sim to male, then the female Sim will behave like a male Sim, but the game won't see the female Sim as a true male Sim.

SimPE also has the ability to allow you to edit the Sim by changing the sex of the Sim. This time, the game will recognize the female Sim as a true male Sim. The female Sim will still look like a female Sim, but is actually a male Sim.

You can find SimPE here. Read the documentations thoroughly to understand using SimPE.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
revric

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 03:57:11 pm »

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something that would change the look as well but I will try SimPE. It may do what I want.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:35:44 pm »

Change the look? As in male Sims wearing female clothes? Or what are you trying to say about changing the looks?

Your Sim will still retain everything as in friendships, family, career, skills and whatnot. Only the gender will be different.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
revric

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:35 am »

If I change the gender of a male Sim to a female Sim, I want him/her to look like a female Sim not just act like one.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 03:35:53 pm »

Okay, what you can do to make a Sim look like a female Sim but behave like a male Sim:

1. Create a female Sim in CAS and set her up as how you want her to look and be.
2. Do NOT put her on a lot yet! Leave your new female Sim in the Sim bin and exit the game completely.

* Reason: If you put the female Sim on the lot, the game will immediately recognize her as a female Sim. So, if you change the gender on her to male, the game will treat her as both male and female and will cause problems in the future.

3. Open SimPE and then do the following:

1. Go to Tools and select Neighborhood Browser. Browse to your neighborhood your new female Sim is in.
2. Back up your neighborhood first.
3. Then open the neighborhood and then go to Tools on the menu bar to choose Sim Browser to find your female Sim.
4. When you find her in Sim Browser, select her and click Open.
5. Once you open the file on your Sim, you will see the stats such as her name, gender, age and other bits of data.
6. Click on Male next to Game treat as: and make sure to click Commit to accept the new changes.
7. Then on the menu bar, click File and then choose Save.

SimPE will then save the new changes. Exit SimPE and then load up your game. Your new female Sim will be treated as a male Sim. The new Sim will look like a woman in looks.

Hope this helps with your questions.

Dancing Squirrels
revric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:52:21 am »

Thanks for the info. I can use it but what I really would like to do is take the male form one of the already loaded neighborhoods and change all of them to female. I was hoping that someone had made a hack or mod for this, but I guess not. Is ther a way to do it with plastic surgery? I read about it on one of the sites, but I have never come across it in the game.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »

No, the plastic surgery only changes the appearance on your Sim's face and hair. It doesn't change the gender or skintone on your Sim.

You could make new Sims to look like your original Sims with the opposite gender in Bodyshop.

I don't know if there is a mod out there to change the genders of the Sims without using SimPE and Bodyshop. Or even retexture the clothes to allow men to wear women's clothes or vice versa.

What I described was the only way I know of to make my own Sims the way I want them to look, and then change their genders in SimPE.

Dancing Squirrels
revric

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 04:17:15 pm »

Thanks for your help, Chaavik. I will try it your way. I was hoping there might be an easier way.
darkannie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:14 pm »

There's also something else you can do.  Have the sim get pregnant with him/herself.  The baby will be an opposite sex clone of the parent.  From there age the baby to adult using cheats or insim and then use SimPE or insimenator to change the relationships with that sim's friends to the clone's friends.  You won't retain the memories, but you can convert the relationships and just take it from there.  You may choose to kill off the parent sim if you so desire.

You can impregnate your sim using InSIM, the Sim Blender, or the Tombstone of L & D.  In order to spawn the tombstone of L & D, go into debug mode, typing in the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.  shift-click on your sim and select "spawn... the tombstone of L & D."  On the tombstone, find the option "create genetic merger with..."  select your sim.  You can also rush the pregnancy on the tombstone as well.  Works for males as well as females.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: