Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:04:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gah! i need help! newbie here!  (Read 1669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
christinasaur

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:13:37 pm »

hey everyone! i am completly new to this and i was wondering if someone could explain to me how i how/where i download items to customize my sim (such as hair and clothing) and where im supposed to save them to and everything so....

please help! thanks!
christinasaur
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:02:32 am »

This should help you out:

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=820976fcdbd57a369fc1b7341da1c22a&topic=77681.0
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:24:31 pm »

Awwwww!!! that's so sweet that you're new to custom content  Grin (sorry, i just remember the first time i freaked out about downloading).

In your My Documents folder, you'll find another folder called EA Games, and inside that, one called The Sims 2. If you don't have a folder called Downloads (typed just like i did), make one. Then, you can put your custom content inside it. Make sure you've opened the files with a file extractor first. All files in the Downloads folder should have the extension .package.

If you want some good sims custom content sites, look at my delicious here: http://delicious.com/milkiemybaby13

of course, there's more stuff out there, and on this site you'll find some great downloads.

and it's better if you stay away from the sims exchange. it seems cool at first but then later you'll wish you'd never been there.

Good luck and happy simming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:05 pm »

I can't stress it enough. Make absolutely sure your Downloads folder is spelled correctly, exactly the same as we have been spelling it here, otherwise it won't work properly. Also, a good file to make sure you have is the CEP (colour enabler package). This will ensure that recolours of certain Maxis objects you find will show in your game.

If you browse through MTS (the site I linked you to), you'll find more good stuff. There are literally hundreds of sites out there with good custom content. Take a lot at the home page, where you'll see our affiliates and link exchange on the right. Also, a lot of free sites advertise in our Sims 2 Web section.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: