Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:13:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Less Decay From Garden Tasks Series - Sims 3: December 22nd 2009  (Read 13871 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:21:42 pm »

Update Information:

I uploaded a new series of gardening mods to allow children to maintain their gardens and have fun caring for their little plants at MTS because I have more than 4 mods. Since IS only allow up to 4 attachments, I decided that if you want the child-enabled mods, I would link to the thread hosting them so you can find them more easily.

The description is clear and the packages are labeled clearly to inform you which mods are child-enabled or not as well which mods boost Fun or not.

You can use them for either Sims 3 or World Adventures.

World Adventures Information:

The mods doesn't need updating for World Adventures. You can continue to use them, but you will need to install them in a different location than for the main Sims 3 directory.

The install location is for XP users:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

Vista and Windows 7 players will need to install the mods in their World Adventures directory. You will have to search the Sims 3 forums for help with installation issues or help because I don't use either Vista or Windows 7.

Basic Description:

The series reduce the decay rate at which Hygiene drops from watering, fertilizing, weeding and harvesting in the garden.

Less Hygiene Decay From Watering reduces the decay rate at which the Hygiene motive drops when the Sim waters the plants in the garden.

Less Hygiene Decay From Weeding reduces the decay rate at which the Hygiene motive drops when the Sim weeds the plants in the garden.

Less Hygiene Decay From Harvesting reduces the decay rate at which the Hygiene motive drops when the Sim harvests the plants in the garden.

Less Hygiene Decay From Fertilizing reduces the decay rate at which the Hygiene motive drops when the Sim fertilizes the plants in the garden.

SPECIAL NOTE:

Fertilizing does not decrease or increase Fun because the Fertilize interaction itself is different from the other gardening interactions (Weeding, Watering and Harvesting), but this interaction does have a decay rate for Hygiene.

Less Hygiene Decay And More Fun From Garden Tasks

This set of Less Hygiene Decay And More Fun From Garden Tasks mods has one additional feature to boost the Fun motive for Sims while they are weeding, watering or harvesting the plants in their gardens.

You can choose one or all of the new alternate versions from the Less Hygiene Decay And More Fun From Garden Tasks to install in your game.

These mods are for people who do not use gardening mods to enable children to perform gardening chores or collect seeds.

Modifications:

The original value (EA's value) in one line for all three tuning files caused the Sim's Hygiene motive to bottom out or go into the red very quickly within minutes of starting the gardening tasks. I changed the value in each tuning file from -25 to -10 to slow down the Hygiene decay rate. The Sim's Hygiene motive will decay over time, allowing him or her to work in the garden for a longer period of time. This is ideal for those players who want farmers in their games to make a living growing and cultivating their gardens all day as real life farmers do.

The original mods did not contain a line to allow for the Fun motive to be increased while the Sim is watering, weeding or harvesting the plants in the garden. Even the Eaxis scripts themselves did not contain a line to boost the Sim's Fun motive while the Sim is performing a gardening task in the garden.

NOTE:

The series will conflict with other mods modifying the gardening tasks and/or motives related to the gardening tasks such as XLStormyLX's Children Can Garden mods. Her mods are based on my Less Hygiene Decay series.

Note of Differences:

Her mods included the changes to enable children to do the gardening tasks and to collect seeds. My series don't include the changes to allow the children to perform their gardening tasks or collect seeds.

Without a mod to affect the Hygiene motive when the gardening tasks are performed, the Sim's Hygiene motive would bottom out very quickly within minutes. With my series, the Sim's Hygiene motive would decay slowly over time, allowing them to work in the garden for longer periods of time. The series would be perfect for players who want farmers in their games.

Installation Notes:

You can choose either the Less Hygiene Decay or the Less Hygiene Decay And More Fun series to install.

There are four files contained in the Less Hygiene Decay From Garden Tasks .rar file and three files contained in the Less Hygiene Decay And More Fun From Garden Tasks .rar file.

You can chose any or all of the files inside either .rar file to install, but you cannot have both series installed.

Install the mod into the following location if you have XP:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Do NOT put the mod anywhere else but that location. Vista shouldn't be any different.

You must have Pescado's framework mod to be installed in order for the mod to work with Sims 3.

You can find the framework mod at two locations:

Pescado's Hard Way:

Framework Mod

Newbie's Easy Way:

TS3 Monkey Installer

This is a new thread to combine all of the separate Less Hygiene Decay From threads that had individual mods. Better method to zip (rar) the files and cut down on clutter in the Pudding Improvements section.

* LessHygieneDecayFromGardenTasks-Sims3.rar (4.36 KB - downloaded 389 times.)
* LessHygieneDecayAndMoreFunFromGardenTasks-Sims3.rar (3.49 KB - downloaded 563 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:41:16 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:02:37 am »

Thanks for these. I've always liked the gardening aspect of both TS2 and now TS3 so giving them a fun boost while they do it would be great. And realistically, when I water a bunch of plants I don't need to immediately go and take a shower. And neither should sims.

Just a quick question - do I need to grab the less hygiene decay from fertilising from the download that contains the 4 files and add it to the files from the download that contains the 3 files? I just want to make sure that I don't double up on anything. I wanted to use the more fun hacks plus less decay from fertilising.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:42 am »

Yeah, you can throw the Fertilizing mod in with what you already have. They're all the same. I just didn't add the Fertilizing mod until later after I realized I missed one interaction when I shared the mods with everybody.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
knightguy82

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:15:48 am »

do these mod's work with the new patch 1.7.9 and or WA?  huh

well hope you like the game Smiley  hopefully i get it soon tho at momment i just have 1.7.9 patch  an playing without your mods  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:52:06 am by knightguy82 » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 07:54:54 am »

I haven't had the opportunity to update since I don't have the new EP yet. I hope to get it today.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:51 am »

Wrong thread. But anyways, the mods doesn't need upating. They just need to put into a different location.

For XP users:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

Tutorial for installing mods:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567

This tutorial is very helpful to those with questions about mods and World Adventures.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:37:03 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
FzzyDg8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:05:52 am »

I'm just beginning to discover the fun in gardening...your mods will be much appreciated and well used....thank you very much for sharing them.  Jump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: