Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:28:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Hack to put sims on same tile. **SOLVED**  (Read 2434 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kouklalicious

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »

I just got a hold of a few really awesome poseboxes today and wanna play around with them a little bit. So I'm just curious if there are any hacks that will allow me to put two sims on a tile together, or a way to position two sims in their *couple* poses correctly. Now if I try to do that they end up just stacking up and that is just awkward! Thanks ahead of time for the help.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:33:56 pm by koukalicious » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »

Open your cheat box and enter the following:

moveobjects on
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true

Now, while you are in buy mode you'll be able to move your sims as needed, but you'll need a fair degree of patience, because sometimes sims have a habit of jumping into weird angles when you get them too close together 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 04:53:17 am »

thanks hun!!! ive been trying to figure out how get that to work too!!!

Poke2 = GAH2
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:13 am »

Open your cheat box and enter the following:

moveobjects on
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true

Now, while you are in buy mode you'll be able to move your sims as needed, but you'll need a fair degree of patience, because sometimes sims have a habit of jumping into weird angles when you get them too close together  

And if all else fails (i.e. sims still insist on making symbiotic relationships with the other sim upon being moved closer to them), and you happen to have OFB installed, you can use the cheats Joy mentioned along with placing one of your sims on an invisible Magisplay Tray.  The invisible recolor can be found here, but you must be sure you have Numenor's CEP properly installed in order for it to show up right.

If you don't have OFB, there's always the OMSP (One More Slot Package) series and variations on MTS and around other sites in the community.  Personally, I use the "Basic Base Game OMSP" version of SilentLucidity's collection when I want a sim flat on the ground... and it may seem like a lot is there (and believe me it is), but the collection only files helps to cut down on that Buy Mode clutter.  Cheesy

Putting your sims on either will prevent them from "snapping" into the open slots on a sim, and you can move the slot package while the sim is on it, so it's very helpful at times.  But be forewarned, do NOT save and exit your lots while a sim is placed on any of those two... otherwise, that lot will become corrupted and unusable.  I've made that mistake plenty of times in the past and wondered what went wrong when I couldn't load my lots even with debug mode enabled.  Tongue  Be very sure that all sims have their feet firmly on the ground before saving.  Wink

kouklalicious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:33:19 pm »

Thanks to you both, I appreciate the all the great tips!  YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: