Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:54:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The update killed my game!  (Read 3062 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladytennant

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »

I just downloaded the latest update, but now I can't get my game to start. It gets to the loading screen then just shuts off! I don't know what to do! Anyone else have this problem?
Fabio Mello

It's no easy to be me...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 05:59:02 pm »

I can't do nothing... My game craches after few minutes... huh
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:02:50 am »

Do you have awesomemod installed? It's currently not compatible with the new update. I accidentally updated mine so I had to do a system restore to fix it. Boo EA. I'd much rather play without their patch than without awesomemod.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:48:21 am »

AM (Awesome Mod) has been updated to work with the latest patch from EA. Try picking that one up plus one of the links for the patch from MATY.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ladytennant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:02 pm »

I don't have awesomemod...

I went ahead and uninstalled sims 3, then reinstalled it without any mods or anything. I tried to go ahead with the update again, and it did the same thing. So for now I am just playing it without the new update or any mods until I can figure out what I am supposed to do.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:28:53 pm »

One of the solutions I came across at MATY when I had crashing problems. Thanks, Sharpener, for the solution that worked for me. It's worth a try:

1. Download the patch from wherever you are able to get patches from for your region: US, UK, whatever else.

2. Remove the Mods folder to your desktop.

3. Update the game.

4. Delete the .cache files from the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Or similar locations for your OS.

5. Start up the game and choose a town.

*This way, the game will generate new .cache files.

6. Exit the game without saving.

7. Put the Mods folder back into the main Sims 3 directory in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

Now, if you have Rick's "enablescripterror" file in your Mods/Packages folder, take it out to your desktop.

8. Start up the game and choose a new town.

9. Exit the game without saving.

*By then, the game will have a new set of .cache files.

I don't know if it was necessary to leave Rick's "enablescripterror" file in the Mods/Packages folder at this point because it was the only mod that caused my game to crash every time I attempted to create a new town save, and I was surfing MATY for a solution until I saw Sharpener's post in one of the threads regarding the patch and Awesome Mod. I had to try that solution or else. But it worked for me.

Rick's "enablescripterror" file was purely for debugging glitches and producing error logs if something should go wrong with the game, BUT I was under the impression that this file had not been updated for the new patch. So, the question remains to be seen whether this will be updated to be compatible with the new patch or not. Or whether the mod itself is needed at this point or not.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 09:31:09 pm »

I had to remove Delphi's facialslider hack, to stop crashing in the loading screen.

The bodyslider hack works still.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: