Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:11:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved]  (Read 2509 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Armin

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »

1. Whenever I upload the PETS EP it's all fine an dandy. That is until I try to get a family going and the cat or dog of the house doesn't allow the babies to be born. In fact the pets themselves won't even produce offspring! D: Yes I've tested this, to the dismay of my sims who bawl their eyes out as I send the dog/cat to the pound.
I haven't re-uploaded the Pets EP because of this and I really want to let my sims have a pet to own, and get those werewolves back into my game.
Is there a patch I missed or is it something else?

2. A problem with the 'Ask' click on sim option...and some other sim option because the 'perform freestyle', and 'throw water balloon' option is with the mixture. Everything comes up as 'Memory Manager' and the one that starts it all is 'Spawn'. Now before you ask, yes I did not upload two Insiminators into the game. But the problem is, is that the spawn bug came up AFTER the insiminator was working. (Not thanks to that stupid 'no custom content that modifies the game' the first time you install the sims.) (Oh and the Insim I have isn't the SIM ver. It's the OBJ ver.)
Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete the game in its entirety and re-install all the custom content?

Again, I don't know if this are noobish questions because I've seen number one asked before in a story on the official sims 2 site. But I've lost where said story is so I can't check to see if she/he found out what made it happen...
Any help

I did the whole checking mods and you won't believe it. Both things were being caused by one mod.
The Woohoo for Teens & More Mod.
Well at least I still can get my male sims pregnant using the insim!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:10:16 pm by Armin » Logged
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

no, i don't think these are noobish questions Smiley

I think i may have heard of this. there is a limit of (i'm pretty sure) 10 beings in each family. up to 6 can be pets, and up to 8 can be humans, but you can't have 6 pets and 8 humans in the same house. so, it would work to have a max number of...
1 human & 6 pets
2 humans & 6 pets
3 humans & 6 pets
4 humans & 6 pets
5 humans & 5 pets
6 humans & 4 pets
7 humans & 3 pets
8 humans & 2 pets
So, if you have a lot of pets or a big family, yes, the pet will keep you from having a baby.

Sorry, i don't have the insiminator so i'm not familiar with the 2nd problem. hope you can fix your game!!
Armin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:51 pm »

Uhm, it isn't the family limit problem. (I think I should of put this in the first post...^^; )
I had a family of just a Wife and husband with one pet. The baby still wouldn't come out.

I know what you mean about the family limit. But even with the family above, the little message of 'a little bundle is on its way' shows, buy and build grays out, then the family just continues along their merrily way. All while the baby box is in the family selection area, the mother is still waddling, and the whole 'please choose a name for the little [enter gender here]' never shows up! D:

TBH though, I did try and play it out. But soon the evil baby stealer NPC started to complain on how the child was being taken care of.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »

i've heard that if you're having weird problems like this, maybe try playing the game with no hacks. that might help. if it does, add back each hack one at a time until the problem comes back. maybe a few are conflicting with each other, or one is incompatible with your EPs.
Armin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:32:58 pm »

Is there anyway to do that without having all the custom content go kaput? o_o;

All of my sims are nearly all custom content (Be it hair, skin, eyes) and once I do play without any hacks all the hair turns into nearly shaved off black, the horrible maxis default skin shows, and don't get me started on those soul-less eyes...*shudder*
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:09:25 pm »

oh, i know. i had to do this once and my sims are 100% CC. yeah, there is a way. if you don't save the game AT ALL while your sims are de-customified, once you put your CC back, it will be exactly where it was. but if you do save, the defaults will stay even after you put back your downloads folder and you can't get the originals back.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:15:39 pm »

Just so you know, we offer the Insimenator mod for those who want to use it. It's no longer being developed and, as such, you use it under your own risk, as we do not support it, as per this sticky here. If the mod is giving you problems, the only support we can give you is to suggest you remove it.

Now milkiemybaby suggested you remove your hacks, not all your custom content. Hacks are anything designed to change the games behavior, such as Insimentor, Inteen, Pregnancy Wear any Outfit and the like. Custom content is stuff like hair, clothes, etc.

If your problem is related to either a hack or cc, then you'll have to track it down and the only way to do that is to remove it and test it. Best way to do that is with the 50/50 method as described in this article here.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: