Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:54:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: look at the game this way  (Read 16843 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
playerslacker

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:31:11 pm »

After readin many posts about sims 3 disapointing many ppl i thought some ppl were lookinh at it wrong not all but a few if you hate the game no matter what then thats fine im not haveing a go at anyone here just trying to put over an opinion so please dont flame constructive discusion is fine

ok many have said the look of the game is bad ect and at 1st i thought the same but after spending my cash on it i thought ill play it and see . now iv played it for a fortnight now and i found the more i played it the more i liked it the gfx can be a bi rubber looking in some light but you dont notice it after a while
then it struck me that we were all looking at this wrong  ok think back to sims 2 base game release with no cc no nothing it was pants tbh . ok now think about what you get in the sims3 base game release . is there more to do ? more options ect . i would say yes
now i dont belive this no cc stuff from EA i think there covering there backs from been sued by over protective parents ect . they know full well tha the moding comunity for sims will mod the game and they didnt make it imposible to do so either
now look at the cc already out at this early stage of the game
now here s were you need to use your imagination a bit  sims2 took what 5 years to get to were it is now think were sims 3 could be in that time remember the base game is simply the canvas that the modders paint onto heh

remember no flaming
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:50:00 pm »

No offense, but i stopped reading after the first sentence, if it can be called a sentence. Do everyone a favour and try to use punctuation where it should be and capital letters at the beginning of your sentences. You'll get a lot better response and it will go a long way to making it understandable.

No leet/text speak - eg: Lets c whu cn m@ke teh most complic@ted l33t spek ev@rr is not acceptable. A lot of users here have English as a second language and have a hard enough time understanding as it is. To that end, please make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling. We don't expect everyone to have perfect textbook English, but the clearer you are, the better you will be understood, and the more response you'll get to help questions, or any post in general. We are not the grammar police here and understand typos happen and not everyone is a perfect speller, but if you're not using periods, commas, capital letters and a reasonable semblance of accurate spelling out of pure laziness, we will call you on it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:55:14 pm »

After readin many posts about sims 3 disapointing many ppl i thought some ppl were lookinh at it wrong not all but a few if you hate the game no matter what then thats fine im not haveing a go at anyone here just trying to put over an opinion so please dont flame constructive discusion is fine

ok many have said the look of the game is bad ect and at 1st i thought the same but after spending my cash on it i thought ill play it and see . now iv played it for a fortnight now and i found the more i played it the more i liked it the gfx can be a bi rubber looking in some light but you dont notice it after a while
then it struck me that we were all looking at this wrong  ok think back to sims 2 base game release with no cc no nothing it was pants tbh . ok now think about what you get in the sims3 base game release . is there more to do ? more options ect . i would say yes
now i dont belive this no cc stuff from EA i think there covering there backs from been sued by over protective parents ect . they know full well tha the moding comunity for sims will mod the game and they didnt make it imposible to do so either
now look at the cc already out at this early stage of the game
now here s were you need to use your imagination a bit  sims2 took what 5 years to get to were it is now think were sims 3 could be in that time remember the base game is simply the canvas that the modders paint onto heh

remember no flaming

Excuse me, but this isn't a flame, but could you please go back through your post and rewrite it in a more legible fashion, such as correct spelling and punctuation, not to mention capitalization? It helps out our members very much if they can read a post that doesn't look like something out of a text message or IRC chat log, especially the people that don't have English as their first language.

I'm going to figure that you have a fully functioning keyboard and all of that and ask that you use it to the utmost in writing your posts out in the future.

As for your points: Sims 3 looks like bollux. There are talented modders like Pescado that update fixes every day for this piece of ill-written code, as well as Squinge and Chaavik. There are talented creators like HystericalParoxsym and a few others that are converting Sims 2 hairs for the new game so the heads can at least look like they don't have cardboard atop them. Others have made default eye and skin replacements.

All of this has happened within the past MONTH or so, because they have the experience of working on Sims 2. Delphy, Peter and Inge Jones and a host of other people from the Sims 2 community have been working their buns off to make sure that this game doesn't take forever to have Custom Content. And the Sims 2 base game shipped with tons more content than this bare bones piece of crap. It's the modders and creators of the Sims 2 free community that have stepped up to fill the gap that EA so glaringly left in Sims 3.

The game has more bugs than a house of pestilence and doesn't seem to be getting much better unless you use the Awesomeware mods put out by Pescado and some of the other hacks people have been making. EA can't even patch their own damn game properly, so WHY SHOULD PEOPLE GIVE IT A CHANCE? We don't all have the money to waste on something that is a luxury product in this economy, let alone waste it on something that doesn't work right out of the box.

Sorry, you picked the wrong day to post something like this, and the wrong way to post it. I've said my piece and my thoughts. And don't tell people not to flame, that part is in the bloody rules or did you not read them? I did, due in part to the fact that I helped to write them. Good day.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:40 am »

Playerslacker my English is not too good, It is not my first language. I tried to correct most of your spelling errors and so on. My tenses are terrible, but I think people will understand more what you tried to say. Here is your opinion in my words Smiley

After reading many posts about the Sims 3 disappointing many people, I thought that some people were looking at it the wrong way. Not all of you, but a few of you hate the game. I’m not having a go at anyone here, just trying to give my opinion. Please don’t flame the opinion. Your constructive discussion is fine.

Many have said that the look of the game is bad. At first I thought the same, but after spending my cash on it I thought that I will play it and see. Now that I have played it for a fortnight, I have found that the more I played it, the more I liked it. The graphics can be a bit rubber looking in some lighting, but you don’t notice it after a while of playing.

Then it struck me. We were all looking at this wrong. If we think back to the Sims 2 base game release. When it had no custom content it was horrible to be honest. If you think about what you are getting in the sims3 base game, it’s the same. Is there more to do?  I would say yes.

I don’t believe there is no custom content available from EA. I think they are covering there backs from being sued by over protective parents. They know full well that the modding community for Sims will mod the game. So they didn’t make it impossible either. (I did not quite understand what you tried to say here, sorry)

Look at the custom content that is already out at this early stage of the game. Here is where you need to use your imagination a bit. Sims2 took 5 years to get to where it is now. I think Sims 3 could take that long too. Remember the base game is simply the canvas that the modders paint onto.

This is just my opinion, remember no flaming please.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:34:33 am »

Beautiful job, simaholic. Thank you.
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 12:28:33 pm »

Thanks for the translation, simaholic. Smiley

There seems to be much reference to how awful the original base game was ... how limited it was.

While I did come late to the Sims 2 party (2006), and by then, people had cooked up a boatload of great designs and mods, for a couple of months, I didn't even know a site like MTS or Insim existed. A buddy of mine told me about MTS2, and from there, I found out about Insim and other sites. This meant that for many weeks, I played using default everything.

I got frustrated sometimes, particularly with a Romance Sim being so jealous. I made some really stupid mistakes. (For instance, don't move a family out of a house, then realize you made a mistake and move them immediately back into the same house. It corrupted my family so terribly that I had to delete the family.) My original families' faces were based on a handful of basic face shapes, so many of them did look the same. I didn't like the censor blurs at all.

But I never got bored during that time. And except for my stupid mistakes, the game ran fine.

One big thing that concerns me after reading about Sims 3 on the official boards is how suddenly wonky this game can get, even if you've played it with no problems for weeks. And from reading the help board on the Sims 3, many of these players are familiar with Sims games, have a basic knowledge of their computer, made sure their game fit the computer specs, updated any programs they needed to update (such as video drivers), and made sure their custom content played nicely with the game. To this casual observer, this game seems considerably more unstable than its predecessor. (I hope I'm wrong. I don't like to see people being cheated or having their computer go up in a flaming ball visible from space.) I see that EA addressed the problems concerning my video card (ATI 4800-series). That's good. I don't know if their solution works or not, but that isn't the point. Even if I do everything right, will the game work fine when I install it? Will it work OK weeks after I've installed it? This is another reason why I want to wait on the game before considering it.

I think I get the message ... if you do NOT think of Sims 3 as Sims 2 Amped, you'll be fine. Consider the game on its own merits. And I have to confess that sometimes, I get the temptation to get it. But then I read about the problems people have with the game, and the game's limitations (some obnoxious or severe) that, while I'm sure will lessen over the next several months, are still here now, nonetheless. In short, at this moment in time, this game gives me the willies. And that isn't flaming.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:41:40 pm by gazania » Logged
fairymama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:50:04 pm »

I have been playing the sims since the Sims 1 and I've got to say I don't think I'll be purchasing the sims 3 any time soon (if at all.)  My biggest issues are the lack of control over my sims and my neighborhoods.  I can't stand the idea of rabbit holes and I have also heard that building lots is a bit of a nightmare in itself.  Don't even get me started on the ugliness of the sims themselves.  I have seen some okay men with the addition of hacks and mods but the women?  What is up with the women? I have yet to see one that doesn't resemble Jay Leno in drag.  I have no desire to play the game and even less to shell out the money to play it.  The negatives far outweigh the positives for me at this point.  Besides all that, I am way too much of a control freak to have only one family and then have them run off when I'm not looking and do whatever they want.  I want to play God , dammit. Evil I don't want to babysit.  I don't think any amount of custom content is going to cure the gameplay for me, and that's the bottom line.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:57 pm »

ok, my 2 cents.

I know I've been giving this game a lot of hell earlier but now that I have played it more and fixed the story progression I've now finally been able to actually enjoy the game. Of course I still think EA didnt put as much effort into it as they did the Sims 2 base game(patches that don't even fix the game? Sims that all look exactly alike? the ugliest sim toddlers I've ever!? WTF EA) and I do miss having the complete control over my sims lives that "boolprop testingcheatsenabld true", insimenator, and sim blender gave me. But Thank God for the expert modders out there who are in fact working their buns off to help fix all the mistakes the lazy, money hungry morons of EA made.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sims 3(not as much as 2 though) but it just saddens me that I had to go through weeks of mod testing, game crashes, and confusion for me to finally have a game that was worth the 50 dollars I paid for it

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 09:11:22 pm »

The problem I have with Sims 3 (well, one of the many) is that you can only control one family at a time, and if you leave them, they will be townified. I am a bit of a control freak so I don't like that whole "your sims will make life decisions without your permission" deal. It'd be fine if there was some kind of option to turn that on and off, but I wouldn't love to see the disasters they bring upon themselves.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 10:36:05 am »

Now I still can't figure out what in the Hell people like about this game. I've played it for like 40 minutes, and throughout that period I felt I was forcing myself to enjoy it. The gameplay camera is probably the worst aspect of the gameplay. It is awful. Then we have the rabbit holes and lack of a customizable neighborhood. And people still find this game fun to play?

Sims 3 deserves a D from me (not an F because the seamless neighborhood is one improvement). Barely passing.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:49 pm »

Now I still can't figure out what in the Hell people like about this game. I've played it for like 40 minutes, and throughout that period I felt I was forcing myself to enjoy it. The gameplay camera is probably the worst aspect of the gameplay. It is awful. Then we have the rabbit holes and lack of a customizable neighborhood. And people still find this game fun to play?

Sims 3 deserves a D from me (not an F because the seamless neighborhood is one improvement). Barely passing.

People like you make me even more proud and confident in my decision to keep playing Sims 2 until (read: IF) enough CC/Mods/Improvements are made on the game to make it worthwhile.  Wink
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 08:54:27 am »

EA. needs to resolve several issues with the game before I will consider buying it.

I will need to be able to play more that one family'

The bugs and glitches need to be sorted out as well as the compatibility issues with some hardware.

Those ugly sims.

The rabbit hole buildings.

With the previous games I was more than happy to play the base game until the CC. arrived for the simple reason that the sims themselves were not an eye sore. I read many counter arguments stating that in the previous games the sims were unattractive and bland untill the CC. was available to improve them. Well that's incorrect,the previous sims both 1 and 2 were well proportioned with attractive faces and didn't need to be completely remodeled  to make them even better, which is something that will have to be done with the sims 3.
Looking at their bodies and faces one gets the impression that a 7 year old could have put something more realistic together.
No thanks EA, back to the drawing board and let's have another try, you're not gonna sell me this one.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 01:32:08 pm »

Thing is, Sims 3 seems to be a more goal-oriented game than the first two and while that's all well and good for those that like that style, it grates on the nerves of those that were expecting to continue on with the style of play that we are accustomed to.

Also, EA Games has already brought out goal-oriented game play for the Sims, or has no one played the Urbz, Bustin' Out or Pets for the Playstation, Game Cube and other consoles? We just did not expect a console style gaming experience in a Sims computer game, sad but true. When you're going full-tilt in a game play that you enjoy and you see something in the series released under the same kind of title, you're going to assume that it's going to be more of the same only better. Man, did we ever get surprised! And, did we ever dislike that surprise because of the money spent which can't be recovered! Tongue

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 08:19:37 pm »

I have stopped visiting this section of the board. Its seems this shouldnt be called "sims 3 buzz" forum but rather sims 3 bashing forum.
I am amoung the ones who thought sims 2 needed alot of CC mods and hacks to make it amazing and things are being built to do something similar with 3. I love the sims community and I am excited about the future of the game.
As for them being "ugly" thats not so. It all in the hands of the creator. It def takes more time tyo make someone beautiful, but it can be done. Slep in some different skins and eyes, cute clothes, and take about an hour to sculpt him / her. I made a very pretty pair of twins, one goth one wholesome (pics in the sims3 picture wommens thread)
I like the game. If you dont, good for you. We get it. Stop bashing it. Can we get another forum on this board for sims3? One called buzz for the lovers and one called bashing for the haters?Huh?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 09:15:36 pm »

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, be it good or bad. If you want to see more good things being said, then say them. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: