Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:58:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: look at the game this way  (Read 16855 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »

Keep it free of bashing and flaming please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »

What baffles me about TS3 is the practically non-existent support there is for the game. The total lack of advertising. The fact that it doesn't at all seem EA really cares if the game does well or not, so long as they turn a marginal profit. Since TS3's release EA has released two other major titles, Fight Night Round 4 and NCAA Football 10. In the next couple weeks they drop their big one, Madden NFL 10. All of these games are console sport games, and all of them have immediate support for them. Fight Night is getting a patch in early September to fix a few glitches, just 1 month after the game's release. The Sims 3 Patch was just released, and the game's been out since what? June? And it's now August and they're JUST patching the game? If EA appears so completed borked in the department of even supporting the game as they do their other major releases, why should people give a frakk about the game? The people who are still taking there shots at the game have ample reason to, and EA just keeps handing them more ammo. As I've said in previous posts, is TS3 a bad game? No. The only thing bad about the game is it's execution. To call it a "Sims" sequel is debatable, as the game feels more like a follow up of the 1st Sims game and not TS2. Yes, it is "The Sims", but in name alone. If you can accept it as that, and play it as something stand alone, then you can find enjoyment in it, as many people have. The people who seem miffed about it are the ones who though the game was going to be a full on replacement of TS2, which in all truths it will never be until EA gets on it's horse and rides out to fix the glaring holes in the game that exist. And seeing as they're not in to much of hurry to do it now in the game's infancy, I doubt they'll do any different as it ages. Is the game worth it's price? Seeing as that price involves for about 70% of the masses to have to update some component of their PC (Be it sound card, GFX card, or the PC as a whole) to even run the game to a playable level, on top of the well documented glitches and annoyances, that's debatable. For those people who have high end machines, it's more a plausible. But for the rest of us who have to wait another two years for the high end PCs of today to become the low-end PCs of tomorrow just to run the game...stick to TS2.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 12:05:45 am »

Well, Kaoz, this is actually their second patch. They had their first one a couple weeks after the release, if that.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 01:07:31 am »

Even more reason for alarm. Two patches on 3 1/2 months? How badly bugged was the game to need that? Yet they held the game back from February to supposedly "Iron out the kinks." Makes me wonder who they got to test the game. Maybe a pack of blind monkeys with ADD. That's the only explanation I can think of fitting the need to patch your game twice in under 4 months. Ponderous indeed...

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 05:18:45 am »

I've read where some people believe the players themselves are the testers for this game, and that's where EA is getting the information about what's needed in the patches.
I believe it-if you read the Sims 3 forum, you will find thread after thread of nothing but b****ing about this problem with the game and that glitch, the crashes and the general bugginess.
Nothing like customer loyalty-but EA is abusing it.
Guess they must have laid off all their employed beta testers back in November. It's cheaper this way.

(*Edited for language, as per site rules*)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:08:35 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 12:22:30 pm »

I have stopped visiting this section of the board. Its seems this shouldnt be called "sims 3 buzz" forum but rather sims 3 bashing forum.
I am amoung the ones who thought sims 2 needed alot of CC mods and hacks to make it amazing and things are being built to do something similar with 3. I love the sims community and I am excited about the future of the game.
As for them being "ugly" thats not so. It all in the hands of the creator. It def takes more time tyo make someone beautiful, but it can be done. Slep in some different skins and eyes, cute clothes, and take about an hour to sculpt him / her. I made a very pretty pair of twins, one goth one wholesome (pics in the sims3 picture wommens thread)
I like the game. If you dont, good for you. We get it. Stop bashing it. Can we get another forum on this board for sims3? One called buzz for the lovers and one called bashing for the haters?Huh?

Are you going to reimburse me for the money I wasted on Sims 3? If not, I will vent my frustration through this free board.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 05:07:48 pm »

Checked the beauties out, and I'm afraid they still look like they have the mumps.
TigerSoundNet

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 05:51:59 pm »

Thank you, all, for your very candid review of Sims3.  cool

Last summer, I missed a "sell and scramble" scenario with TombRaider Underworld. And it was kind of sad to watch a world of very dedicated forums and members, just like yours, having to almost apologize for everything that the company did not seem to test, even at a normal game-play level? Sad

(And they had scores of very dedicated folks and free technicians, who could have done the tests for them, before any sort of "public" sales-release.) Sad

So, maybe with Sims3, it is a "sell and scramble and then pray to the CC gods for salvation" scenario?  Undecided

... Jim ...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:23:34 pm by TigerSoundNet » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 06:25:29 pm »

So, maybe with Sims3, it is a "sell and scramble and then pray to the CC gods for salvation" scenario?  Undecided

That seems to be the case. But having low expectations for the game helps, because if it surpasses them then you might like it lol Just don't expect much, or you will be disappointed.

And lol TRU was extremely buggy. I still liked it though....

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 08:40:14 pm »

Thing is, Sims 3 seems to be a more goal-oriented game than the first two and while that's all well and good for those that like that style, it grates on the nerves of those that were expecting to continue on with the style of play that we are accustomed to.

Also, EA Games has already brought out goal-oriented game play for the Sims, or has no one played the Urbz, Bustin' Out or Pets for the Playstation, Game Cube and other consoles? We just did not expect a console style gaming experience in a Sims computer game, sad but true. When you're going full-tilt in a game play that you enjoy and you see something in the series released under the same kind of title, you're going to assume that it's going to be more of the same only better. Man, did we ever get surprised! And, did we ever dislike that surprise because of the money spent which can't be recovered! Tongue

lol that's how I feel. This shouldnt be the sims 3. It should be The Sims Bustin Out 2

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Megadrive

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 11:15:50 am »

Playerslacker my English is not too good, It is not my first language. I tried to correct most of your spelling errors and so on. My tenses are terrible, but I think people will understand more what you tried to say. Here is your opinion in my words Smiley

After reading many posts about the Sims 3 disappointing many people, I thought that some people were looking at it the wrong way. Not all of you, but a few of you hate the game. I’m not having a go at anyone here, just trying to give my opinion. Please don’t flame the opinion. Your constructive discussion is fine.

Many have said that the look of the game is bad. At first I thought the same, but after spending my cash on it I thought that I will play it and see. Now that I have played it for a fortnight, I have found that the more I played it, the more I liked it. The graphics can be a bit rubber looking in some lighting, but you don’t notice it after a while of playing.

Then it struck me. We were all looking at this wrong. If we think back to the Sims 2 base game release. When it had no custom content it was horrible to be honest. If you think about what you are getting in the sims3 base game, it’s the same. Is there more to do?  I would say yes.

I don’t believe there is no custom content available from EA. I think they are covering there backs from being sued by over protective parents. They know full well that the modding community for Sims will mod the game. So they didn’t make it impossible either. (I did not quite understand what you tried to say here, sorry)

Look at the custom content that is already out at this early stage of the game. Here is where you need to use your imagination a bit. Sims2 took 5 years to get to where it is now. I think Sims 3 could take that long too. Remember the base game is simply the canvas that the modders paint onto.

This is just my opinion, remember no flaming please.

Nicely Done, Unfortunately When they bring out the new Expansion Pack, They will have rewritten all the Computer Code so none of the Mods and Downloads will work!!!! GAH2 Yet again  Splat

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 04:51:18 am »

the first post took me at least ten minutes to read. i'm not mad because the sims 3 is 'plain'. i don't like the way the game plays. unless they're going to take out the seamless neighborhood and the bad camera in a future expansion pack, i am not interested.
playerslacker

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 02:16:17 am »

Sorry about my 1st post all  . I was half asleep DOH
thankyou shambolic for the translation heh
ok update time i guess . i have now been useing awsome mod and some other CC i have found on various sites . Man does it make a huge difference to the game
Like i said or at least thought i did in my 1st post . the modders in the sim's community are the best iv ever seen . They work there butt's off trying to fix this game and they have already made a HUGE !!! difference . I can only bow in respect to you all  keep up the fantastic work
The original idea for me starting this thread was that i got tired of reading all the bashing . So i was trying to to start one with a more posative look at what has been done so far by the modders
And yes my spelling is bad sorry
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 12:56:14 am »

Sorry about my 1st post all  . I was half asleep DOH
ok update time i guess . i have now been useing awsome mod and some other CC i have found on various sites . Man does it make a huge difference to the game
Like i said or at least thought i did in my 1st post . the modders in the sim's community are the best iv ever seen . They work there butt's off trying to fix this game and they have already made a HUGE !!! difference . I can only bow in respect to you all  keep up the fantastic work
The original idea for me starting this thread was that i got tired of reading all the bashing . So i was trying to to start one with a more posative look at what has been done so far by the modders

It was a pleasure Smiley
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 07:32:26 am »

Sorry about my 1st post all  . I was half asleep DOH
Like i said or at least thought i did in my 1st post . the modders in the sim's community are the best iv ever seen . They work there butt's off trying to fix this game and they have already made a HUGE !!! difference . I can only bow in respect to you all  keep up the fantastic work

Are you still half asleep? If you're not a native English speaker, then it can't be helped though.

I think the mods have improved the game. It still needs alot of work though. But I think there are a few very key gameplay elements that would make it more enjoyable that are missing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: