Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:21:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a showerproof skintone.  (Read 16283 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stardust1031

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:52:32 am »

I've created a brand new bodyshape and have been working on some skintones for it. I'm currently trying to link the skintones to my nude meshes, but I've been having a hard time with it. I've been following Marvine's Tutorial, but since all the images are gone, it's tricky.

I've got as far up as this step:
d) Next, click the "package" button on the right, the package selector form window will pop up. Scroll down the files in that window until you find the resource node and shape, click/drag them in the left window, and close the package selector form.

And this is where I'm running into a problem. I open the package selector form and scroll down to try and find the resource node and shape, but all I can find is a ton of 3D ID Reference Files, a Binary Index, a Directory of Compressed Files, a jpg/tga/png Image, multiple Material Definitions, a ton of Property Sets, a Skintone XML, Text Lists, and some Texture Images.

There's no mention of the resource node or the shape, which is where I'm lost. Also, I'm confused -- I extracted the resource node and shape for the top mesh and the bottom mesh, but the tutorial never refers to them again. I'm not a n00b when it comes to dealing with SimPE and creating and the like, but this mystifies me. I wish the tutorial still had the pictures up, since I think this would be a lot easier with a visual reference. Could anyone help me out here?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57:32 am »

You extracted the cres and Shpe file from the mesh right?
The next thing is to open your skintone file with Simpe and right click somewhere in the right window.
Doesn't matter if you click on a file or next to it, just right click and choose add from the menu that popsup.
Then you browse to your cres and shpe file and add them.

From there you continue and you will find your 2 files in the package selector form window.

that tutorial is very old, these days we use the PJSE tool to link the meshes to the skin files.

No longer active
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:47 pm »

Hey Stardust I have been using the Theo Coloring binning tool and it works great. I could link it for you if you send the meshes or I can point you toward the tut, it's up to you.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:06 pm »

One thing about Shower proof skintones is that they require 2 meshes. A top and a bottom. But like Jaci I use Theos color binning tool.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:57 pm »

I love the PJSE tools, there is nothing that works so ez and fast! Smiley

No longer active
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 02:54:27 am »

You can link skintones with PJSE too. Theo's tool takes 3-4 minutes and after the first time I didn't need the tut anymore. If PJSE is faster or easier than that let me at it.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 07:34:45 am »

You can link skintones with PJSE too. Theo's tool takes 3-4 minutes and after the first time I didn't need the tut anymore. If PJSE is faster or easier than that let me at it.

Theo's is a bit more user friendly when it comes to linking skintones(you need pen and paper with the PJSE Cheesy)

No longer active
Stardust1031

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 10:08:40 am »

Oh, thanks for all your replies, guys!  Cheesy I think I figured out what my mistake was, thanks to you, Bloom. And if Theo's tool works just as well as SimPE or PJSE (Is the PJSE method the same as the one Marvine talked about in her tutorial?), I'd love to hear about it! I have a few different versions of showerproof meshes, so I can use all the help I can get! xD
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:19 am »

PJSE tool
* open skintone file with Simpe
* click propertyset in left window(resource tree)
* click the name tab in the right window(resource list) so all files show in alfabetical order
* scroll down to the filename you need to link
* Like,
aftopnaked_nude
aftopnaked_nudecut
aftopnaked_nudesoft
*write down the instance number for each file(5th tab from the left)
The last 2 digits will do. Wink

Next,

*click the 3d ID in the left window
*search for the first ID instance number you wrote down
*click that 3d ID file(the first time it will take some time before the bottom window(plugin view)show the results.) Be patient here!
*choose Tool/PJSE/bodymesh tool/linking Tool from the menu
*you get a popup with a small warning(ignore it unless you made earlier edits to some files) click ok
*browse to your top showerproof mesh and select it
*you get another popup, just some info / click ok
*save you file or in this case go to the 2nd 3d ID filenumber you need to link and repeat all above steps, then the 3rd one and then save!

Thats about it.

The bottom files work the same way.
All contain 3 files you have to link except the adult male bottom, it has 2 files.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:48:33 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Stardust1031

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 04:33:33 pm »

That. Is. INFINITELY easier to do! Thanks a million, Bloom, that helps so so much! I just made four separate showerproof skintones in like ten minutes. Huzzah!  Cheesy
nemesis_jay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »

I'm actually in the process of trying this out for my Werewolf/ Lycan bodyshape that I downloaded, it's the one that is by Marvine and Beosboxboy (Posted by Synaptic) the only problem is that it has no nude mesh, therefore I need to make one from the nudeclothes mesh created for the set, but I have no clue how to do so, nor do I have a clue on how to link the skintone, and I can't find the PJSE tool you are speaking of Bloom  Embarrassed Hopefully someone can help me out and guide me in the right direction, or to the right tutorial I'm so lost on this big web  Undecided thanks in advance guys  tongue

Incase anyone is curious as to which skins I am talking about..

The female version can be found here

And the male version here

I also plan on recoloring these skintones, once I get the skintones with the meshes working, for my personal use ofcourse, but I'll post pics of the final project the main thing is having the shower tone fit to the mesh  Sad
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:37:01 pm by nemesis_jay » Logged

nemesis_jay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »

ok well, I opened the mesh package file using SimPE just to find out there is no top or bottom mesh that it's just a full outfit mesh (err I think) well an underwear mesh or something  is there a way around this??

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 06:05:15 am »

ok well, I opened the mesh package file using SimPE just to find out there is no top or bottom mesh that it's just a full outfit mesh (err I think) well an underwear mesh or something  is there a way around this??
Then you have to split that fullbodymesh in a top and bottom seperate:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,25194.0.html

No longer active
nemesis_jay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51:24 pm »

Err could I put the split as a request then Mr. Bloomy??  tongue I'll move it to the request page if you'd like, as I don't have the software to do so nor do I have the money for such software Sad I would definately appreciate it so thanks in advance and if you can't then I understand and perhaps someone else will, I'll wait til you can respond before I actually make it a request. Thanks again!  Rock

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 05:21:23 pm »

You first have to ask permission to the creators who made the shape

No longer active
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: