Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:24:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I make an apartment??  (Read 3128 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
americanbeauty
Download Addict

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »

How does one go about building an apartment? I can build multi story homes w/o columns (never got the hang of that). But I'm lost on how to make apartments. Do I just build a large multi roomed "house" and add doors? Sorry to sound stupid, but I've never really thought about an apartment building. Any help would be appreciated. And no I have not built an apartment so telling me about the cheats and zone thing isn't going to help me. Thanks

~*~Americanbeauty~*~
dreadwolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:18:26 pm »

Make sure you use the door that came with Apartment Life, so the game will recognize the separate apartments.

The cheat to change the lot zoning to apartments is:
changelotzoning apartmentbase

Ride it like you stole it
americanbeauty
Download Addict

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:18:13 pm »

Dreadwolf, yes I realize the door needs to be used to seperate the apartments. What I meant was, how do you build an apartment building? Is it like building a multi storied/ multi family house? If it is, then Im sure I can figure it out. Also, with the zoning, do I need to use the cheat for that before I build?

~*~Americanbeauty~*~
americanbeauty
Download Addict

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:27:36 am »

Well I conquered the mystery of building apartments. Thanks to everyone who helped. This thread can now be locked/deleted. For anyone having problems, you just build like you are building a multi storied home, and make sure you use the apartment doors with the mat outside the wall and use the changelotzoning apartment base(it's a type of cheat you type into the cheat console), before you start building, not after, lol. That way the game knows you are trying build an apartemnt and not a house.

~*~Americanbeauty~*~
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:28:39 am »

Ok I will lock it Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: