Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:05:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious disappearance of a Sim!  (Read 7754 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:12:38 pm »

One of my Sims (the mom in a family) has mysteriously disappeared!  I noticed this after a bad lot (not the one she lived on) caused problems.  I was able to get the Sim living on the bad lot out and delete the lot.  Then, as I went to different households, I noticed one blank thumnail in their sims phone books.  When I figuered-out which sim it was I when to her house.  I can hear her voice, but she can't be seen.  She can get food out of the refrigerator put she can't eat, shower, sleep, use the bathroom or anything (she can make puddles on the floor).  Her picture is missing but there is still a blank space for her in the family selector.  I moved the family out and back in but she is still in her "there but not there" state. 

Can anyone tell me what's wrong, and possibly how to fix this? 
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:25:13 pm »

She is a ghost Tongue j/k lol that is strange

If you have a question about my mods post it here
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »

Have you tried maybe the Sim Blender, to see if you can modify her in some way? Or the Insimenator... (I know this particular article is controversial at best, but if you have it already, maybe it's worth a try. If nothing else works, you might consider killing her (if you can get a hold of her) and resurrect her to see if that works. Otherwise I've got nothing...
 Sad Mari
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:19:00 am »

Have you tried maybe the Sim Blender, to see if you can modify her in some way? Or the Insimenator... (I know this particular article is controversial at best, but if you have it already, maybe it's worth a try. If nothing else works, you might consider killing her (if you can get a hold of her) and resurrect her to see if that works. Otherwise I've got nothing...
 Sad Mari

Thanks Mari - I'm not familiar with Sim Blender, I have Imsimenator: though about deleting her, I guess I could try killing and resurrecting her, but I'd perfer not to! 
stsarina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:01:57 am »

Have you tried restoring the family? In the neighbourhood screen, enter the cheat 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' then go into the lot, shift click on a blank tile and you'll get some options. I *think* it's under 'other' - 'restore family'. Works if my families are playing up sometimes.

Hannah xx
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:12:39 am »

Have you tried restoring the family? In the neighbourhood screen, enter the cheat 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' then go into the lot, shift click on a blank tile and you'll get some options. I *think* it's under 'other' - 'restore family'. Works if my families are playing up sometimes.

Hannah xx

Wow, it's work a try!  Thank you very much Hannah!
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »

Hannah xx

Wow, it's work a try!  Thank you very much Hannah!

Didn't work; Thanks anyway Hannah!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:11:26 pm »

Long shot (it sounds as if the character's memories have gotten glorked)--

If she is selectable, try aging her down to teen, then exiting the lot, re-entering the lot and aging her back up.
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 03:56:43 pm »

Long shot (it sounds as if the character's memories have gotten glorked)--

If she is selectable, try aging her down to teen, then exiting the lot, re-entering the lot and aging her back up.

Thanks for the suggestion rwills, unfortunately it didn't work!  I appreciate you any all others, for sharing your thinking on this!
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 07:55:59 am »

How the plot thickens...
*Strokes e-beard in a masculine manner indicating deep thought*
Do you have a backup of the neighborhood?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 09:48:43 am »

There's one more thing I can think of. Open your cheat box and enter moveobjects on, then go into buy mode and select (if you can find her) the invisible sim. Delete her, save and exit to the neighbourhood, then re-enter the house. She'll be by the mailbox and (hopefully) reset.

Oh, wait ... another thing. On a lark, try going to the mirror and changing her appearance.

But first, try moving her out of the lot and move her back.

Hmm ... guess that's more than one more thing. LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
thunderlord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16:35 pm »

lol wow this happened to me at times my last was when i some hoe lost the hole fam. it pissed me of xD i gave up on that after some time.. i was thankful i made a back up file for the fam. atlest it was before they had kids and started out tho. lol xD
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:13 pm »

Not to be a pest, or anything, but could you please at least try to put capital letters where they belong as well as typing out the whole word rather than an abbreviation ("though" instead of "tho")? It will make your posts easier to read and, since many of our users aren't native English speakers, anything we can all do to be better understood by everyone is a great help.

Thanks Smiley 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:04:53 pm »

How the plot thickens...
*Strokes e-beard in a masculine manner indicating deep thought*
Do you have a backup of the neighborhood?

yes, I have a back-up copy.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:10:02 pm »

Really long shot--

Try installing the Ghost Hack:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p&t=202081

and unghosting the Sim (as she for all intents and purposes seem to be exhibiting ghost characteristics).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: