Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:22:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skintone Help!  (Read 1606 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mizscheetah

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:42:52 am »

Hey guys.

First off,congrats for the website and the wonderful work you're doing.

I have a problem with my Sims 2. My game crashes when my pregnant Sim is about to give birth.

I did a little research, and I found out it might be cause of the custom skintone.

I figured I have to change the skintone of my pregnant Sim to a default Sims 2 Skintone but the question is how do I do it??

Thanks in advance.

mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:43 pm »

Hi,
You might look into using SimPE to change her skin before she gives birth. I wish I could help with that a bit more but as I've never done it myself, I'd better stay out. But there are plenty of tutorials here and other sites that you can use, not to mention the more experienced simmers who might give you better ideas.

Also, I saw some skin changing vials at Mod The Sims but don't know if that will stop the crashing at birth 'cause it doesn't change genetics (the child will have the old skin not the new one, and besides you might not like the skins they have as options to change into). There is also the Sim Cloner - custom skintone selector by christianlov (also at MTS) but the same thing applies, it's not a genetic change... You can try this though, and see if it at least takes you through the birth...

Hope you fix your problem...
Mari cool
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:52:25 pm »

maybe you can use clean install to see which skintone it is, then take it out of ur game. the sim will revert to a maxis skintone.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:08:30 pm »

Some of this will be a repetition of the above, but going to try to lay out all your options.

Generally speaking, skintone changes made in-game (vials, etc.) are cosmetic, not genetic, and cannot be passed on to offspring.

Some choices of what you can do:

1) Remove the offending skintone from your game. Also, make certain you do not have more than one set of default replacement skins in the game. Having more than one default replacement set (among other major problems) could conceivably glork a birth.

There is a slight chance (if you have such an item in your game) that a default diaper replacement could be the culprit as well, so remove that file if you have such an item. As with skintones, having more than one such default replacement will always cause problems.

2) Use an outside the game tool (SimPE or other) to genetically change the skintone. Be sure to make back-ups of your data first, as the possibility always is there when using such outside the game tools of glorking the 'hood.

3) Change the non-pregnant parent to a different Sim (this will, of course, also affect the look and the personality of the child) and then, if birth is successful, change the child's parent back to the original sometime afterwards.

This can be done using Insimenator or other mods.

4) Assuming that both parents do not have the same offending skintone, try the 'rolling the dice' trick.

When the game launches, it internally chooses parameters for selecting a skintone for a birth (or for any newly-created Sim). If you go into C-A-S and click the dice (random) option 5 or 6 times in a row, that will juggle the internal parameters the game chose upon launch and may give precedence to a skintone which will work for the birth. Then exit C-A-S (no need to save the Sim you created there).

It is a crapshoot, though, and won't be a guaranteed fix -- but if it doesn't work, you're at least no worse off.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:23:35 pm by rwills » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: